Today we’d like to introduce you to Laura Massino Smith.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Laura. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
After earning a Master’s Degree in architectural history, focusing on the architecture of Los Angeles, I had the idea that maybe other people would be interested in the unique architecture and history of L.A. What better way to see it than by driving around the diverse neighborhoods of the city?
This led to the creation of Architecture Tours L.A. in 2000.
An east coast publisher approached me in 2003, after hearing about the tours, to write series of guidebooks based on the tours. There is an accompanying book for each tour.
Has it been a smooth road?
At first, I had no idea if anyone would be interested in the subject that I love, but after a few slow years in the beginning, we have been going strong. Little by little people from around the world (and locals) have discovered that L.A. holds some of the most unusual, classic, and innovative architecture in the WORLD!!
So, as you know, we’re impressed with Architecture Tours L.A. – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
Architecture Tours L.A. specializes in driving tours of various neighborhoods throughout Los Angeles. We bring small groups of people (up to 5) and dig deep into places, like Silver Lake and Hancock Park. Our focus is to see excellent architecture in the context of history and culture. What sets us apart is that our tours are guided by an architectural historian and guidebook author. We have 8 different tours. We are most proud of bringing the best L.A. has in the built environment to people from around the world for 17 years.!!
Let’s touch on your thoughts about our city – what do you like the most and least?
I like best about L.A. the culture of freedom of expression and the willingness to experiment in terms of new architecture. What do I like least about the city? Traffic!!
- 2-3 hour neighborhood tours are $75.00 per person for 2 or more
- Special FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT tour: $150.00 per person for 2 or more
- Special FRANK GEHRY tour: $175.00 per person for 2 or more
- Website: www.architecturetoursla.com
- Phone: 323-464-7868
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/architecturetoursla
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/architecture-tours-l-a-los-angeles
- Other: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32655-d1488909-Reviews-Architecture_Tours_L_A-Los_Angeles_California.html
Architecture Tours L.A.