Today we’d like to introduce you to Andrew Barrett.
Andrew, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
I’m a Vedic Meditation Teacher. Through my Learn to Meditate Course, I’ve been teaching people how to rest deeply and reduce their stress levels for years. This simple technique helps people sleep better, have a clearer mind, and be happier.
The benefits kick in instantly, and continue to grow. It’s truly life-changing, and my course has earned its reputation as one of the best taught, most connected meditation courses in LA.
I’ve also mashed up Dating & Meditating.
I found people weren’t happy with dating apps and bars. They wanted somewhere conscious to meet like-minded people. So I created a space where we meditate as a group, then discuss a relationship topic — always giving the women the floor first to speak.
It’s kind of like chocolate and peanut butter. Dating and Meditating go together seamlessly.
People love our Tuesday night gatherings, a lot of great conversations happen, community and tribe get created, and a lot of people meet here.
I also do a lot of one-on-one counseling. I’m both deeply perceptive and extremely practical, so tend to address the root causes of a problem in a highly effective, actionable way. My one-on-one clients always mention how deep and pragmatic — and helpful — they find our sessions.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
It’s a smooth road in terms of the concept. It works, and we deliver it well. And teaching Vedic Meditation is a joy. Watching people transform through such a simple, nuanced process, is incredibly rewarding.
The struggles I’d say are classic: how many events to do, how to market them, find balance between fun stuff — teaching, doing one-on-one sessions — and less fun workaday stuff.
Please tell us about Dating & Meditating.
We do 3 things:
1. We teach Vedic Meditation. This is a lifelong skill set that comes with free support anywhere in the world. This is for anyone who wants to learn to meditate, regardless of their relationship status.
Vedic Meditation really is the BEST investment you can make in yourself.
2. We also facilitate social connections through meditation, conversation, music, and other safe, conscious experiences for people to connect to themselves and others.
What sets us apart is I’m a knowledgeable meditation teacher with a strong perspective on relationships and sexuality — especially the importance of empowering women. I’m probably the most feminist guy around.
I’m a great facilitator of experiences, so people feel safe, seen, and heard. This makes for a healthy environment to learn in, and a great space to meet new, like-minded people.
3. We offer Conscious Counseling, which are one-on-one sessions that address specific areas of your life, be it financial, relationship, family dynamics. I have a wealth of experience dealing with these issues, and bring a sharp, compassionate perception to solving your problems.
Do you look back particularly fondly on any memories from childhood?
The walrus at Sea World with my mom. He was jumping up and squirting all the kids with water as we fed him shrimp. It was hysterical and super fun.
Now as an adult, I think my mom was not just having fun, but also having one of those experiences as a parent when you’ve hit a home run and have a happy kid on your hands, which is the best.
- Vedic Meditation Training: $500 – $1500
- Dating & Meditating Drop In: $22
- One-on-one Counseling: $100 – 300
- Address: 1056 Frederick St Unit A
- Website: Barrett
- Phone: 917-523-9563
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: barrettmeditation
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrew.barrett.1238
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/dating-and-meditating-los-angeles
- Other: http://datingandmeditating.com