Today we’d like to introduce you to Amanda Robinson.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Amanda. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
I’ve always loved hair and makeup. When I was a little girl, I always practiced braiding my mother’s hair and applying makeup on anyone who would let me. It wasn’t a surprise when I decided to pursue it as a trade.
My career as a makeup artist and hairstylist was a decade ago. I was living and working in Seattle, and most of my clients didn’t wear much makeup or were looking for something that helped them get out the door quickly. That’s when I became really passionate about creating simple and quick beauty routines that ensured my clients felt their best, and more importantly—themselves. During that time, I got certified in eyelash extensions and discovered how they fit perfectly into my attitude around grooming. I spent six years perfecting my method of applying easy care eyelash extensions which protect and nurture clients’ natural eyelashes.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
I don’t think anyone who has started a business would say they did it without a few bumps along the way. As a small business owner, I found myself wearing many hats. An average day can go from my first appointment as a lash artist to restocking inventory followed by booking my own appointments, there’s also a team to manage and a social media account to manage as well! It’s challenging to take a moment and relax to make sure I am putting my energy towards the most important task at hand.
Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about Iris and West Lash Co. – what should we know?
Iris+West Lash Co. is L.A.’s go to eyelash studio for natural looking lash extensions. As I mentioned, I spent years perfecting my method of application, and I train all of the I+W lash artists to the same standards. I’m extremely proud of being able to create a business that continues to grow every year. I have two great lash artists working with me in L.A., and am expanding to San Francisco.
Any shoutouts? Who else deserves credit in this story – who has played a meaningful role?
Anyone and everyone who’s helped me along the way deserves credit. My team is seriously THE best, they put as much passion and heart in their work as much as do. My friends absolutely love what I do and simple shout outs and referrals do so much. I actually consider my clients my friends as they are truly the brand advocates when they post and share about their recent I+W experience. It means SO much and the impact is huge.
- FULL SET + Synthetic eyelash extensions that are soft and comfortable. | $125 + up to 90 minutes
- FILL + Is it time to refresh your synthetic lash extensions? | $70 + up to 60 minutes
- HALF SET + A half set of synthetic lash extensions gives you a subtle, natural look. | $55 + 45 minutes
- SILK FULL SET + A full set with quality silk eyelashes for a gentle shine. | $215+ up to 90 minutes
- SILK FILL + Is it time to refresh your silk lash extensions? | $110 + up to 60 minutes
- MOBILE LASHES + A mobile eyelash extension service that comes to you. | $125 and up + 90 minutes
- LASH REHAB + An intensive 12 week lash repair program, tailored specifically to each client’s missing or broken lashes. The program includes an in-depth consultation, one full set, a standing fill appointment every 2 weeks, and a starter kit with lash growth serum, product & vitamin recommendations, and an easy to follow yet thorough care routine. | $475 + 12 weeks
- Address: 1250 N. La Brea Avenue, Suite #122, West Hollywood, CA 90038
- Website: http://www.irisandwest.com/
- Phone: 206•747•7858
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: instagram.com/irisandwest
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/irisandwest/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/irisandwest
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/iris-and-west-lash-co-los-angeles
Dani Thorne and Naila