Today we’d like to introduce you to Dalel Snider.
When Dalel first purchased the studio, she didn’t set out to be a florist. Dalel Snider was really looking for a way to support her two teenage sons and her new husband who was just diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Despite having a Master’s Degree in Marketing and Communications, Dalel was rejected by several corporations who didn’t want to take on an employee with so many family burdens. Knowing she could do anything she set out to buy a business.
Dalel stumbled upon Glendora Florist, nestled in the picturesque downtown of Glendora, a suburb of Los Angeles. By taking a leap of faith, Dalel purchased the locally-renowned florist and opened her doors on Valentine’s Day of 2011.
Dalel is unique because of her out-of-the-box thinking. She wanted a flower shop that wasn’t a flower shop. She wants her customers to experience luxury in her products and their visit to the studio.
Kale, cabbage, seed pods, fruit, plants, are just a few of the textures she LOVES to add to her arrangements. She loves textures and unusual combinations. It’s an art more than flower arranging,
Channeling her deep love of all things Louis Vuitton, Dalel transformed her lovely, small town flower shop into a luxury couture flower brand that is taking Beverly Hills and all of Southern California by storm. Her now 5-year old Los Angeles Floral Couture is now the premier luxury concierge flower service in Southern California, bringing masterful designs to brides and connoisseurs in the area.
Now that her business has doubled in size, Snider has turned her attention to her other passion – creating jobs, contributing to the community, and lifting people up. Dalel is a two-time winner of the Women of Excellence award by California Congresswoman Judy Chu and has been honored to work and contribute for the community.
The fearless entrepreneur continues to look for unique ways to enhance the value of her service. Her distinct clientele includes elites like Louis Vuitton, University of Southern California, The Dallas Cowboys, Walt Disney Parks & Studios, the Las Vegas Wynn Hotels, among other prestigious partners she services throughout the country.
Dalel and her team strive to make a legacy of excellence by creating exquisite floral masterpieces and by providing a customized and memorable experience to bring her clients’ style and vision to life.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
Haha! No 🙂
Every job has its challenges and I’ve experienced some bumps along the road. As Rocky once said, ‘You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and KEEP MOVING FORWARD. How much you can take, and KEEP MOVING FORWARD.’
Perseverance has been the key to success in our business. With success, there’s a windmill of turmoil that teaches you everyday lessons; respect, understanding, patience, accountability, respect, comradeship, endurance. All of these and more are presented to us daily and the team’s perseverance is challenged in different forms constantly. But again, it’s how or how hard you get hit, but how you get up and keep moving forward.
Please tell us about Los Angeles Floral Couture.
Los Angeles Floral Couture is a full-fledged floral design studio that specializes in everything floral. From a small wrapped bouquet to gift someone, to full floral installations for special events including weddings, celebrations, and the more.
We are very proud of mainly three things:
1. Quality in product. We source all our product directly from the growers both domestic and internationally to be able to provide the freshest flowers in our designs.
2. Quality in design. We take the quality in design very seriously. Our team is constantly learning contemporary and out-of-this-world techniques to be able to push the envelope in our pieces. Our industry is highly competitive so we welcome new challenges with open arms and look to evolve our designs constantly to better serve our customers.
3. Quality in service. It’s hard to put any of these three things in a priority column since there are all equally important. However, we do emphasize the quality of our service. We provide luxury service with not only our product and design but in the efficiency of our services. Our team is very accountable and wishes nothing more than to have our customers be 100% satisfied with our job. Everybody in the staff undergoes extensive training in order to have proficiency and knowledge in our product.
Are there any apps, books, podcasts or other resources that you’ve benefited from using?
Love listening to Gary Vaynerchuck. He has truly helped put things into perspective and helped motivate me to push through new barriers.
- Website: www.losangelesfloralcouture.com
- Phone: 310 425 5290
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: instagram.com/losangelesfloralcouture
- Facebook: facebook.com/losangelesfloralcouture
Simpson Portraits, Visuals by Arpit, Brian LaBrada Photography, Alysha Miller Photography, Jennifer Fujikawa Photography