Today we’d like to introduce you to Dr. Shahid Sheikh.
So, before we jump into specific questions about the practice, why don’t you give our readers a few quick bullet points about you and your story.
1. Immigrated to the United States after having served in Pakistan Military for approximately 10 years.
2. Completed undergraduate degree in business, MBA (Marketing), and Post MBA Certificate in Marketing from California Lutheran, and Doctorate in Organizational Change for Pepperdine.
3. Worked as Marketing Specialist at MICOM Systems (a Nortel Company), Dean of Online Programs, College of Business Administration and Management, Colorado Technical University, briefly as the Provost and Chief Academic Officer, Chancellor University, and Chief Academic Officer, SKANS (a University startup project.
4. Concurrently consulted internationally, started and sold three small businesses (one in Malaysia), and begin coaching in 2013 after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease and Inclusion body myositis (IBM) is an inflammatory muscle disease which prevent me from walking and travelling.
Currently, coach internationally helping executives succeed in the their careers, leadership, and lives, and teach online as adjunct professor of Business Administration and Management
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
We all experience adversity. Such adversity may include misfortune, tragedy, catastrophic life events, everyday changes, and challenges, job or financial losses, betrayal, suffering, or disaster.
These experiences are intrinsic in all of life.
It’s never a smooth road for anyone, for that matter. I have had my share of challenges and adversities.
We have to remember that we are not as frail as the strings would make us believe.
How we respond to the adversities and tragedies defines our character and the quality of our lives. We can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of our loss, or we can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift we have – life itself.
People overcome adversity by being resilient, mindful, self-aware, and by self-acceptance, as did I.
Please tell us about Significant Consulting Associates.
Significant Consulting is a coaching boutique specializing in helping high-impact executives succeed in their careers, leadership and lives to achieve measurable personal and business results.
While my clients are often technically excellent, broadly talented, and enthusiastic about their new roles, many possess limited management and leadership skills or experience, and most will not have developed vital people-management skills.
I use the soft-skills concepts of self-leadership, social and emotional intelligence, and mindfulness.
What sets me apart is perhaps my 40+ years of progressive management, leadership, and entrepreneurial experience (domestic and international) in the military, hi-tech, higher education, non-profit, and for profit sectors, consulting and coaching coupled with education credentials earned from respected institutions such as California Lutheran, UCLA, Pepperdine, Harvard, Cornell, etc.
If you had to go back in time and start over, would you have done anything differently?
Perhaps, find a mentor or a coach.
- Address: 46 E Peninsula CTr. 489
Rolling Hills Estates
- Website: www.significantconsulting.net
- Phone: 310.928.3501
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other: www.linkedin.com/in/shahidsheikh