Today we’d like to introduce you to Wendie Weldon.
Hi Wendie, so excited to have you on the platform. So before we get into questions about your work-life, maybe you can bring our readers up to speed on your story and how you got to where you are today?
I am a holistic health and mindset coach and writer. My own health and weight loss journey has been a long one. Growing up, like many people, I turned to food for comfort. It became my main coping mechanism when my emotions were too painful. In my early twenties, at my heaviest, I was 220lbs. After many years of binging, depriving, and obsessing over food, I finally decided to make a change. In a matter of two years, I lost 70lbs. Excited to start a new chapter, I moved to Los Angeles. With my budding passion for health and fitness, I became National Academy of Sports Medicine certified personal trainer. I wanted to help others find the same mental and physical freedom I found. I’ve worked with people of all ages and backgrounds and discovered my favorite part about training sessions was simply talking to people, getting to know their stories, what they’re passionate about, and what they desire most from life. I found myself doing everything in my power to help them achieve their dreams, especially the ones that went beyond their health goals. My passion for practical wellness and self-development finally converged when I decided to become a life coach. I graduated from Co-Active Coaches Training Institute and became a Holistic Health and Midset Coach. Throughout my time in LA, I’ve had the incredible opportunity to be a fitness model for several of Target’s C9 Champion campaigns and other media projects.
We all face challenges, but looking back would you describe it as a relatively smooth road?
Starting my own business had been one of the most challenging things I have ever done. It’s a lot of late nights, rejection letters, feeling alone, second-guessing my decisions, and everything in between. But I’ve learned a few things along the way.
1. A “no” doesn’t mean I’m being given a sign to stop pursuing my dreams. It just means the person I asked didn’t see my vision or I didn’t fit into theirs. That’s it. So I will knock on another door until I get a “yes”.
2. I am never actually in a spot where “I don’t know what to do”. I found myself saying, “I don’t know what to do. I’m so lost. this is so confusing.” all the time and that just isn’t true. I might know or be able to see the next ten steps forward but I can always come up with one step forward – one phone call, one person, one event, one email, that can get me moving in the right direction. So I stopped saying and I just started doing the one next thing I knew to do.
3. Perspective is everything. When I’m in a headspace that is full of anxiety and confusion, I remind myself of the quote by Marcus Aurelius, “You don’t have to turn this into something. It doesn’t have to upset you.” I get to determine what I think and therefore how I feel. I get to pick a perspective that makes me feel like a victim or helps me feel empowered. It’s all a choice. While they aren’t an end all be all for getting through obstacles, they definitely make a bumpy road feel a lot smoother. Basically, everything is only a struggle if I make it one.
Alright, so let’s switch gears a bit and talk business. What should we know?
I help my clients simplify their health routines so they can feel clarity and have the energy to pursue what they’re really passionate about. I teach mind-body connection – how emotions and mood directly affect your physical health and vice versa, how your biology and chemistry are intimately entwined in your emotions and mental stability. By making lasting changes to their thought life, my clients create an environment for themselves that encourages emotional balance, mental freedom, and physical strength. I’m passionate about getting in the trenches with each of my clients – digging deep into the messy to figure out what is really keeping them from reaching their goals. Sometimes it’s just a perspective shift and sometimes it’s a longer process of identifying undesired patterns and undoing them. No matter what the problem, I work to give my clients tools to help them when they feel lost or stuck.
I specialize in: – Mind-body Connection, – Mindful nutrition, – Strength training & fixing postural distortion patterns, – Stress and anxiety management, – Mindset and perspective shifts, – Improving communication, – Undoing undesired patterns I think what sets me apart is my story. I know the burden of not feeling good in my own skin and then I worked hard to drop the weight myself. I’ve overcome anxiety and depression. I’ve been completely heartbroken and lost. And I moved to a city where I didn’t know anyone to chase my dreams. I can relate to people no matter where they are in the journey or what lofty their goals are. I’m not afraid to sit with my clients in uncomfortable emotions and I’m not there to fix anyone. I work to open a space for my clients to explore their deepest desires and fears while providing tools that will help them heal emotional triggers and overcome mental obstacles. My first coaching session with a new client is always free. It’s time for me to figure out what makes you tick, what you really want out of life, and how committed you are to getting it.
It also provides both of us an opportunity to see if we’re a good fit or if we’re not. If we aren’t, I will point you in the direction of a different coach that I think you’ll work better with. My packages are three months long with the ability to extend to six months. I don’t believe in having clients for years. I don’t want you to be dependent on me, that just perpetuates the problem. I want you to take the tools and action steps we talk about in sessions and heal yourself, knowing you don’t need anyone outside yourself to be motivated to follow your dreams. I believe every person is creative, resourceful, and whole all by themselves. I’m just here to help them tap into that. My brand is my beliefs: – I believe your physical body is the vehicle for your purpose. Your level and quality of output is equal to and dependent on your intake. – I believe it is vital to fuel your mind and body correctly. This includes nutrient-rich foods, intentional strength training, and actively engaging with your thoughts. That way, you can show up for your purpose in full force! – I believe you can love the body you have and still want to improve it or change it. – I believe that one of the greatest expressions of self-love is showing gratitude to our physical, psychological, spiritual self. – I believe exercise is medicine.
Is there something surprising that you feel even people who know you might not know about?
I love English. I got my degree in secondary English education and was on my way to being a high school teacher but then decided to do a 180 and move to Los Angeles to work in the industry. While I don’t want to be a teacher in the conventional sense anymore, I still have a passion for the English language. I really enjoy researching the etymology of words and listening to linguistics podcasts.
- 1-0n-1 Coaching, 1 session a week for 12 weeks = $1,200
- Group Coaching, 2 group sessions a month for 12 weeks = $750
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.wendieweldon.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wendieweldon/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/wendieweldon
Suzy Gorman Lexii Jaye Chelsea Mudlo