Man oh man we just can’t get enough of those buttermilk drops at Sidecar or the Cronuts at DK’s. Check out our favorite dessert shops and let us know if we should check out any others.
- Come in the morning, or at least before lunch when everything is still hot
- Their hot/warm buttermilk drops are ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY LIFE CHANGING
- They make amazing, thick homemade whipped cream – goes great on hot chocolate
Salt & Straw
- Some of the best darn ice cream you will ever have. Ever.
- Creative flavors, rich ice cream – very high quality, worth the calories
- Seriously, what do you expect us to say? This is a place dedicate to Churros. CHURROS. This place deserves every accolade and compliment we can throw at it. It’s AMAZING.
- Shaved ice / shaved snow done right. Toppings glaore at 75 cents a pop.
- Their mocha is a great addition and their block pops aren’t a bad choice either
DK’s Donuts & Bakery
- 24/7 Donuts and Cronuts – they are famous of their insanely good cronuts
- The Ube (purple yams) are phenomenal
Saffron & Rose Ice Cream
Address: 1387 Westwood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024
Phone: (310) 477-5533
Yelp link: (4.5 stars with 1300+ reviews)
- UCLA students and nostalgic alums alike rejoice at the mention of Saffron & Rose – for good reason, it’s delicious
- Unique, ethnic-inspired flavors – Persian ice cream in the heart of Tehrangeles