From Cronuts, Fonuts and NY’s Magnolia Bakery, Mid-Wilshire is home to some truly praise worthy dessert choices. We’ve listed some of our absolute favorites below.
- The famous Manhattan bakery’s LA location is a true gem. Their banana pudding is what they are known for – it’s AMAZING!
Carmela Ice Cream
- The ice cream here is incredible – like truly tear inducing incredible – because the flavors are so natural. For instance, their pistachio ice cream actually tastes like pistachio, not like pistachio flavored ice cream. It’s hard to understand until you actually try it – something you should do immediately.
India Sweet House
- Another LA institution – they’ve been here forever, their prices are super low, quality high
- A hole in the wall, but their Kala Jamun and Aloo Paratas are known all over the greater LA area
- Their chai, bhel puri, dahi puri and samosas are great too
- Famous for their ice cream sandwiches – we think it’s a little overhyped but still very good
SK Donuts & Croissant
- Insanely good cronuts, deluxe donuts, and even their standard sprinkled donuts are sooo good
- Super LA, especially the large selection of Vegan and Gluten Free Donuts