Today we’d like to introduce you to Zack Schuler.
Zack is the Founder and Former CEO of Cal Net Technology Group, a regional I.T. Services firm headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
Zack started Cal Net out of his fraternity house in 1995 at the age of 21, starting as a one-man consultant, traveling from home to home and business to business working with his clients. It wasn’t long before Zack got overwhelmingly busy and started to hire people to help him with his business. Acquiring one client and one employee at a time, with steady organic growth and no outside capital, Zack grew the business into almost 100 employees and $20M in revenue.
Deciding that there was more for Zack, in 2013, he embarked on selling his company. After hiring an investment banker and receiving 9 offers on his business, Zack sold the business to a private equity firm in October of 2013.
Beginning in 2015, Zack founded NINJIO LLC. Their flagship product, NINJIO AWARE is an I.T. Security Awareness Solution that produces 3-4-minute-long animated episodes featuring stories about real security breaches. These episodes are created, licensed and distributed every 30 days to educate the employees of our clients about the dangers that exist in cyber-security. The episodes are interactive and engaging and focus on one attack vector with content focused on the non-technical end-user. NINJIO has clients on close to every continent, several Fortune 500 clients and many Fortune 1000 clients, as well as significant governmental organizations.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
When you are 21 and starting a business, there are a lot of struggles, that looking back today, were very minor obstacles.
NINJIO – what should we know? What do you guys do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
NINJIO, an I.T. Security Awareness Solution who focuses on Security Awareness for your employees. Here is what NINJIO AWARE is made of:
• We produce 3-4 minute-long Micro Learning Episodes that educate your users on the latest cyber threats, and we release a new Episode monthly.
• We keep the users attention by emotionally connecting with them in the first scene of the Episode, thus they stay engaged throughout the length of the training.
• Each Episode is based on or inspired by a real company who has suffered a significant breach and we focus on one attack vector.
• Every Episode is written by Bill Haynes, a member of the Writer’s Guild of America, who has a combined 71 episodes of CSI:NY and Hawaii 5-0 under his belt.
• With each NINJIO subscription comes Family Use Rights whereby each of your employees can add up to 5 family members to receive NINJIO content at no additional charge.
Here’s a two-minute introductory video of exactly what we do: http://www.ninjio.com/whatisninjio
Here’s our latest episode, based on the SMS Phishing: http://www.ninjio.com/ep303
What is “success” or “successful” for you?
Happiness and engagement in your work. Growing a company.
- Address: 2820 Townsgate Rd.
Westlake Village, CA 91361
- Website: www.ninjio.com
- Phone: 805-864-1999
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @zack.schuler
- Facebook: /ninjio
- Twitter: /ninjio