Connect
To Top

Meet Willie Carroll of DubFit! Personal Training

Today we’d like to introduce you to Willie Carroll.

So, before we jump into specific questions about the business, why don’t you give us some details about you and your story.
My passion for fitness began four years ago when I embarked on my own journey to get fit before turning 50 after seeing Hugh Jackman on the cover of a fitness magazine. As with most people, frustration set in. I was working my butt off and still seeing no results. The magazine said I would be ripped in 30 days. After 60 days, I was no closer to my goal than when I started. Instead of giving up I started to research everything fitness. I really wanted to know how and why the guys in the magazines got results and how I could look like them. The biggest lesson I learned was that working out is only 30% of the equation, the other 70% is nutrition!

My fitness journey has since evolved into competing in the National Physique Committee were I am a nationally qualified athlete. Most recently, I won my first international competition at the Ben Weider Legacy Cup in Toronto, Canada in October 2017. My passion for fitness has also lead to helping others reach their fitness goals. My small private studio has grown from 1 to 50 plus clients and I am currently searching for a larger space to expand. I specialize in weight loss, body transformation, overall wellness, nutrition and competition prep. I am a certified personal trainer and CPR/AED certified.

Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
No, it hasn’t been a smooth road.

My first 2 years in business it was tough to get clients and I found myself undercharging for my services just to get clients.

I also didn’t have the infrastructure or software I needed to streamline my business as I grew.

DubFit! Personal Training – what should we know? What do you guys do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
DubFit! Personal Training is boutique fitness studio specializing in one on one and small group training. We offer customized sessions and group training geared toward the busy professional on the go!  We not only prepare our clients for success, we teach them how to live a healthy lifestyle. I specialize in weight loss, body transformation, overall wellness, nutrition and competition prep.

After growing tired of seeing the same workout routines on the internet and in the fitness magazines and started to create my own routines. This is how FIIT25 was born or Frequent Intense Interval Training in 25 minutes.

FIIT25 is a combination of high intensity, resistance, body weight, cardio and circuit training all wrapped up into one workout. The workouts use a variety of equipment which includes steppers, dumbbells and medicine balls just to name a few. The benefits are a full body workout that includes cardiovascular training and challenges the body with different routines every single workout. Whether you’re pressed for time or looking for that new challenge, FIIT25 is perfect for you. From warm-up to warm down, 45 minutes is all you need to get the body you desire.

I’m most proud of my client retention rate of 75%, which is unheard of in the fitness arena.

My genuine concern for each and every client is unparalleled. I’ve built great personal relationships with my clients and will go above and beyond to help them achieve their goals.

What moment in your career do you look back most fondly on?
That’s a tough question, but I would have to say helping several clients who had health concerns get a clean bill of health from their physicians. this is the most rewarding part of what I do.

Contact Info:


Image Credit:
Kristie Decker

Getting in touch: VoyageLA is built on recommendations from the community; it’s how we uncover hidden gems, so if you know someone who deserves recognition please let us know here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in