Today we’d like to introduce you to Leah Faust and Leslie Levito.
So, before we jump into specific questions about the business, why don’t you give us some details about you and your story.
Faust and Levito came together first as neighbors, then as collaborators and now as business partners running our own agency. We met through our shared experience of wanting to improve company culture and seeing ways to effect it through unifying business strategy and creative vision.
Leah’s journey began as a Creative Director in hospitality at Bottega Louie and Leslie’s journey as an entrepreneur in skateboarding/snowboarding to founding an agency with Leah.
FaustLevito creates a dialogue between creators, investors, operators, finance and operating teams to build lasting brands and business culture with a foundation built to keep an organization nimble, yet focused. We didn’t set out on a girl power kick. We just looked for people with the same values and the right skills. To date, everyone happens to be female. 😉
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
The challenges we’ve faced have led us to seek coaching, mentoring and expertise from seasoned professionals and newcomers alike. Some of our Challenges:
– Attempting to predict the future predicated on past experiences and stories.
– Rising up through a company to find limitations at the executive level.
– Deciding to balance motherhood/family and professional career.
– Not having access to experience/resources needed early on in business development to vett clients, secure contracts and limit liability.
– Relying on existing relationships and not continuously building rapport for sales pipeline.
– Global pandemic, pivoting and re-structuring our business to run on lean budgets.
What we learn inspires FL to create content and offerings which enrich existing business by offering extension services and educate professionals who are looking to create/launch businesses. There is a balance to life and the positives will come with a counter of challenges. This is natural and the way through it is forward.
Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about FaustLevito – what should we know?
We are known to have the power to create brand differentiation by connecting culture, strategy & design. What we can do to help you stand up your brand and operate your business during uncertain times:
DEMYSTIFYING STARTING UP: Create a business plan, craft a budget for your business, plan to grow your business and plan for slow months. Tracking your network/leads and creating short and long term goals. Establishing contracts and business templates.
FINANCE/MONEY – no one ever talks about it, an open discussion of tips and tricks for rates, contracts, fees, etc. Assigning value your work. Understanding profit & loss statements. Pipeline: How do you plan to have a pipeline of money coming in?
COLLABORATION: how do you create a truly collaborative environment? When is it best to collaborate vs coordinate efforts? What’s the difference?
BUSINESS + CREATIVE SERVICES – during times when there is much creative ideating, but less cash flow, we have created a shortlist of popular a la carte services with revised pricing including strategic and creative hourly support.
We are most proud of being unstoppable innovators and advocates for our community. As a team, we invest in our own foundation and relationship to each other and our projects. Maintaining a shared horizon as a team takes a level of commitment beyond coming to work each day. It is an honor to create and express ideas on behalf of owners and stakeholders.
We’re interested to hear your thoughts on female leadership – in particular, what do you feel are the biggest barriers or obstacles?
First thought: Labelling anything as “female” is quickly becoming outdated. Leadership comes in many styles and can be interpreted through a feminine lens by any gender.
Barriers we have faced as Females who Lead:
– Being associated with the “soft skills” known as feminine and less for the logic and strategy behind our work.
– Expected to “act more masculine” so that ideas will be considered among a group of men.
– Motherhood / less time to produce the same quality/quantity of work as a person with more bandwidth.
- Hourly strategic + creative services start at $100/hr
- CEO For a day $1000/day
- Brand Foundations $30,000
- Address: 2860 E. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90023
- Website: faustlevito.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: faustlevito
- Facebook: faustlevito
@hovigkazandjian art direction @shoghak.jpg