Today we’d like to introduce you to Stephen Levey.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Stephen. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
I’ve been taking photographs for as long as I can remember and now through a bazaar set of circumstances that I could have never foreseen a year ago, I am at 50 years old venturing into an entirely new career by monetizing what was up to this point a lifelong hobby. Selling my pictures never really occurred to me let alone the possibility that I could make a living as a photographer.
Has it been a smooth road?
I have been EXTREMELY lucky…
We’d love to hear more about your business.
I shoot everything with the exception people (my Marty (my girlfriend) is the exception to that exception)… if I had to say that there was one specific thing people recognize my style as, it would be no matter where I am or how busy that place is you will almost never see a person in my photos, unless I want there to be people in the photo.
Is our city a good place to do what you do?
Los Angeles is the city of cities… I believe that we live in the best city in the world and anyone choosing any vocation should definitely come to Los Angeles for their attempt of “making it” in whatever their chosen industry is.
- All of the pictures I post are free to view, I love that people enjoy looking at my images and some very cool things have come out of me posting them.
- I don’t charge for advice, i’m not saying the advice is good but it’s free so there’s that.
- Website: LeveyAngeles.com (up and running but no near prime time yet, stay tuned)
- Email: LeveyAngelesPhotography@gmail.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/leveyangeles
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LeveyAngeles ; http://www.facebook.com/StephenLevey