Today we’d like to introduce you to Nicole Moore.
Nicole, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
As a young adult, I was living in New York City and unaware I had unresolved trauma living inside me. One day, as I walked down a street in the financial district, I noticed a boxing gym. Something drew me to it so I walked in, spoke with the owner and the next thing I knew I was training six days a week, went on to sparring, and even had four bouts.
Unknowingly, the sport of boxing and the relationship with my trainer was helping to heal my wounds. Fast forward, several years later, I moved to Los Angeles and decided to apply for graduate school at Pepperdine University. For my graduate school application personal statement, I wrote about the mind-body connection and how I would like to figure out a way to incorporate the concept into therapy. At the time, I had zero knowledge of the multitude of therapeutic modalities and thought my idea was pretty original. It’s funny now because, of course, it wasn’t. However, the topic wasn’t highly focused on in school and I wanted to learn more. I continue to study and investigate about past and current modalities. I also continue my own personal exploration through other forms of bodywork such as dancing Tango, yoga, breathwork, meditation, and acupuncture. The center has been a ten-year in-the-making manifestation; it was a path I had unknowingly been on throughout the course of my life and the inspiration evolved naturally.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
The biggest obstacle in starting this business has been myself! Entrepreneurship has tested limits, been challenging in unimaginable ways, and forced growth beyond what I thought possible. I have had to learn the art of letting go and acceptance in order to be receptive to what the community needs and wants.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with The Center Method – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
The Center Method is an integrated wellness facility. We treat people who suffer from relationship problems, stress/burnout, anxiety, depression, addiction, and trauma. Developing awareness of the mind-body connection is essential to the healing process and accessing human resiliency. Our approach begins with a client-centered collaboration which uses traditional and alternative modalities (including psychotherapy, EMDR, acupuncture, massage, yoga, breathwork, meditation, and nutrition) to build a wellness regimen which best suits individual needs. The goal is to release tension, anger, frustration, and other emotions that remain in your body from past negative experiences that may be preventing you from living a fully integrated, well-balanced life.
The Center Method is meant to be practiced in both a group setting and as well as individual. First, we start where you feel most comfortable whether it be in a private therapy session, group fitness class, energy work, etc. The goal would be to expand to additional treatment modalities as needed by the client.
So, what’s next? Any big plans?
The Center Method officially opened in May of 2019; as we grow and expand we are learning about the needs of our community and will continue to take the shape of what best suits these needs. For example, we offer a support group for high-functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder adults, special needs yoga, trauma-informed yoga, and have guest speakers on subjects like tantric yoga and learning how to trust your intuition.
- Monthly Executive Wellness Membership (includes one 60 minute session with our Registered Dietitian, one 60 minute acupuncture session, one 60 minute massage, and unlimited group classes, does not include special events or group therapy) $575.00
- Monthly Wellness Membership: (includes one 60 minute acupuncture session, one 60 minute massage, unlimited group classes, does not include special events or group therapy) $365.00
- Monthly Membership: (unlimited group classes, does not include special events or group therapy) $149
- TCM Full-Package Monthly – includes four 50 minute psychotherapy sessions with Nicole Moore, LMFT, one 60 minute session with our Registered Dietitian, one 60 minute acupuncture session, one 60 minute massage, one 60 minute reiki session, and unlimited group classes, 20% discount on special events (does not include group therapy) $1,497.00
- Address: The Center Method
2716 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
- Website: www.TheCenterMethod.com
- Phone: (310)957-9191
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @The_Center_Method
- Facebook: The Center Method LA
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-center-method-santa-monica
Both photos taken by Ken Sax