Connect
To Top

Meet Lise Evanger Pedersen of Lise Evanger Photography in Santa Clarita

Today we’d like to introduce you to Lise Evanger Pedersen.

So, before we jump into specific questions about the business, why don’t you give us some details about you and your story.
I was born and raised in the rural countryside of Norway. Growing up I would always look for adventures, which meant exploring old barns, playing with cows, riding horses, running through meadows and hiking in the mountains. All of this right outside my doorstep naturally made me fall in love with the rustic and authentic elements of the world.

It was a big contrast for me when I, in 2012, packed my bags and moved across the Atlantic Ocean (and the US Continent!) to the urban jungle of Los Angeles. I met my husband here, and we made suburbia (Santa Clarita) our home, which with its wonderful hikes and western-style towns, mixed with excellent shopping and just enough city-life-vibes, caters to both the old and the young soul in me. To make a long story short – I love it here!

Photography has always been a central part of my life, but it wasn’t until our daughter Olivia was born early 2015 that it really took off. Seeing her through the camera lens was like entering into a different world. A world that let me relive the stages of her life, and the sweet moments I had watched her grow through; her first smile, the details of her lovely baby skin, her first waddly steps, her first popsicle, her first Christmas, the first time she tasted dough, her first time to the beach. Looking back at these precious moments made me realize that I wanted to be a photographer, and give other people the opportunity to look back at important moments of life through their pictures. That’s why I officially opened my photography business, Lise Evanger Photography, two years ago. So far, I absolutely love it!

Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
Being a photographer is not the easiest job. I’d say that around 25% of my time goes to the actual shooting/editing process, while the remaining 75% goes to promoting my business. I have had to learn how to do this, which needless to say was not done overnight.

Also, coming from a different country, not knowing anyone in the area has been a bit of a challenge. Most clients you get in the beginning is by word of mouth, so I had to stretch out to a lot of people I didn’t really know that well, and create connections. It is much easier now, as I have established a bit of a reputation amongst my clients. I keep getting referrals though them, and I also get several clients through my webpage and social media like Facebook and Instagram.

Please tell us about Lise Evanger Photography.
I do pretty much all types of photography, but if I have to narrow down my “specialities”, I’d say: lifestyle, maternity, children, family, and engagement. I also do events, such as weddings, birthdays and baby showers. I cover Santa Clarita and the greater LA area.

I am known for giving out a bit more pictures to the clients than the average photographer, because I don’t want the client to miss out on any of the moments I captured. I also deliver them quickly, and will always give a next-day sneak peek.

What I love about my business, about my photos is that they completely reflect who I am. One might say that my pictures look modern with a dash of vintage – which is ME: an old soul in a young body. In other words.

Everything I’ve been through, from my childhood in Norway, to the love I now have for my beautiful family, inspire each picture I take. I embrace “naturalness” and look for real-life moments. Therefore, I try to forgo forced smiles and poses. (Although sometimes they are necessary!) No matter age, race, religion or gender – I aim to be a storyteller through the lens, and with each “click” I hope to capture the story of whomever is in front of my camera.

If you had to go back in time and start over, would you have done anything differently?
I think the road I have chosen so far would have looked the same if I started all over again. Maybe the ups and downs would have looked different, but I’m pretty sure it would have led me to the exact same place I’m at today. Which I’m grateful for. It’s a lovely place to be! I have met so many beautiful people on my photography journey so far, and I’m excited for what’s to come. I tend not to look back, but rather keep my focus towards the future.

Pricing:

  • Maternity $250
  • Newborn $350
  • Children $300
  • Engagement Session Starting at $200
  • Wedding Packages Starting at $750

Contact Info:


Image Credit:
Lise Evanger Photography

Getting in touch: VoyageLA is built on recommendations from the community; it’s how we uncover hidden gems, so if you know someone who deserves recognition please let us know here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in