Today we’d like to introduce you to Lindsay Pasiuk.
Lindsay, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
Having to plan my wedding really opened my eyes to the possibility of creating something very unique and special for many couples out there who do not have a need or want of a flashy, Pinterest style, big wedding. When I was planning my wedding all I kept thinking about was how nice it would be to just elope or have a really small wedding, with all the important people who we cared about to attend. No fancy dinner, not having a photographer for 8 hours, just a ceremony, some memorable photos, and a cake.
I wanted to be able to offer couples the ability to have an amazing elopement or small wedding without all the extra frills of booking a caterer or a big location to hold all of the people that you may or may not have actually wanted to invite. What I do is 100% all about just the two people that I work with and celebrating their marriage.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc. – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
I try to be as helpful as possible with all couples that contact me to get a feel for what I do and what my company does. The one hard part about my job is when I am contacted by a person who is very excited about doing an elopement. We talk through the logistics, I help with finding the perfect location, share my ceremony to show what I say, and once everything is perfect I get hit with the words, “Now I just have to ask my girlfriend/boyfriend/fiancé if they want to elope.” Then I never hear from them. The other struggle is just helping by putting in time to find a location, or I share my ceremony with a couple and then they suddenly go silent. That part is hard because I have put in effort to write a special ceremony, I put in time to help them find a location that was perfect and they take that information and have a friend or a family member perform the ceremony at the location I helped them find.
I still help couples even when this does happen because, and I will be blunt and up front, money can be a big issue. Even when you are planning to elope or have a small wedding I do feel happy knowing that I was able to help, even a little, in making their big day a much more memorable one.
So, let’s switch gears a bit and go into the Live Love Elope story. Tell us more about the business.
Live Love Elope is an elopement/small wedding company. We are in an interesting part of the niche wedding market world. I offer several different packages and services for couples, but I am most well-known for my Yippee! Quickie wedding package. It is a package that gives couples an officiant that performs a great 10-minute pre-written ceremony, and also a photographer to take beautiful photos for an hour. If you need just an officiant we love just performing ceremonies. If you need just a photographer our girl loves what she does.
I try to provide the lowest prices for my packages and officiant services. I do not charge extra for travel fees because they are built into the package pricing. I make sure that the couples that I work with do not have to obtain a permit for the location that they choose, which isn’t always possible, but I try to find the best options for what they are wanting to have for their special day. I try to be as accommodating as possible and give each couple as close to what they are asking to have. I am also understanding because life happens and sometimes we can’t control what we are handed. I have been able to work with couples to change dates due to rain, family can’t make it, or they just need a little bit more time due to unforeseen circumstances.
For me, the most rewarding part about what I do is knowing that I am giving these couples something memorable and also that they choose me and my team to be a part of this important time in their lives. It makes what I do a passion, not a job.
Has luck played a meaningful role in your life and business?
I was told once, by a co-worker that did palm reading, that I have no luck line. In fact, she was shocked that I seemed to be a well-adjusted and normally functioning person. Especially since my palm was telling her my mere existence in that moment was teeming with impossibility. When she told me that it confirmed what I had believed all my life, that there is no such thing as luck or being lucky. I like to think that I sound like a romantic when I say that I am a big believer in fate and intuition.
Fate has sent many good things my way and I have always tried to follow with my heart over listening with my head. It may sound strange and foreign to follow your heart, but really it is just that I use much more of the right (creative) side of my brain over the left (logical/analytical) side of my brain. I am even left-handed. That is how right-brained I am. Fate brought me my husband, who has been an asset and true value to helping me get my company started and keep it going. Without him I would still be advertising on Craigslist and paying huge marketing money to shady ” online marketing” companies. I may be the voice, but he built the platform I stand on.
- THE LIVE LOVE ELOPE YIPPEE! QUICKIE PACKAGE PACKAGE COST: $400 Package Includes: -Sweet and simple wedding ceremony with wedding officiant included. -Wedding site location help. -A fantastic photographer. -One hour of photography (including ceremony). -All copies of your photos (both edited and unedited) in JPEG format. You will be able download them via a link that is sent to you!
- THE LIVE LOVE ELOPE AWESOME PACKAGE PACKAGE COST: $700 Package Includes: -Sweet and simple wedding ceremony with wedding officiant included. -Wedding site location help. -A fantastic photographer. -Two hours of photography, or one hour of photography and a sweet heart cake. -All copies of your photos (both edited and unedited) in JPEG format. You will be able download them via a link that is sent to you!
- THE LIVE LOVE ELOPE SUPER AWESOME PACKAGE PACKAGE COST: $1200 Package Includes: -A wedding officiant that will personally work with you to make your ceremony special and unique to the two of you. -A fantastic photographer. -Two hours of photography. -All copies of your photos (both edited and unedited) in JPEG format. You will be able download them via a link that is sent to you! -A face to face meeting with the photographer at the location before the ceremony to work out details and logistics. -Plus emails and calls anytime you need to talk or have any questions or concerns. -A sweetheart cake (or cupcakes) so you can “cut the cake”.
- THE LIVE LOVE ELOPE SUPER DUPER AWESOME PACKAGE Package Cost: $2,500 Package Includes: -A wedding officiant that will personally work with you to make your ceremony special and unique to the two of you. -A fantastic photographer. -Two hours of photography. -All copies of your photos (both edited and unedited) in JPEG format. You will be able download them via a link that is sent to you! -A face to face meeting with the photographer and designer of your personalized elopement at the location before the ceremony to work out details and logistics. -Plus emails and calls anytime you need to talk or have questions or concerns. -A sweetheart cake (or cupcakes) so you can “cut the cake” and a bottle of bubbles (your choice) so you can toast to your new marriage!- A 20 page personalized photo album. -Best of all: A wedding that is completely your own that will be amazing and memorable!
- SIMPLE AND SWEET PACKAGE PACKAGE COST: $150 Package Includes: -Perfectly Planned Ceremony Layout -Wedding Site Location Help -Travel To And From Location Included -Anytime Text Or Email.
- FANTASTICALLY PERSONALIZED PACKAGE PACKAGE COST: $250 Package Includes: -One Face To Face Meeting Or Over The Phone Meeting Together -A Personalized Ceremony Which Includes: Any Readings Any Prayers Personal Vows Any Traditions Such As Candle Lighting Or Sand Pouring -Wedding Site Location Help -Travel To And From Location Included -Anytime Text Or Email.
- Website: www.liveloveelope.com
- Phone: 714-472-9185
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @liveloveelope
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Liveloveelope/
- Twitter: @liveloveelope
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/live-love-elope-anaheim-2
All images by Lindsay with Live Love Elope