Today we’d like to introduce you to Lila Castellanos.
Lila, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
As a teenager, I struggled with my own skin issues, however, was extremely fortunate in that my Aunt Nancy was an esthetician and came to my rescue, performing various treatments to help with my skin conditions. It was through those experiences that I gained self-confidence and understood how the face we put forward in the world can affect our self-worth. This served as my inspiration to follow down that same path as my Aunt by attending Christine Valmy School of Esthetics in New York, the very same school she had attended many years prior. I considered it my way to give back a little piece of something beautiful that was given to me as a young woman, and I am truly grateful to her for giving me a passion and love for esthetics.
I’ve now been a licensed Esthetician for over 13 years, and during that time I’ve worked in the medical spa, mobile spa, and luxury day spa environments honing my skills and building a loyal clientele. In 2014, I decided to capitalize on all of the industry knowledge that I had gained, and realize my dream to have my own skincare studio, thus Doll Face Skincare Studio was born.
Has it been a smooth road?
Any entrepreneur can tell you, forging your open path can be challenging, yet extremely rewarding. In retrospect, I’m thankful that I devoted an entire year to planning, so I could prepare for the business I wanted and one that would best serve my clients. I would say my biggest challenge continues to be balancing my time between my client schedule and running the behind-the-scenes aspects of my business.
So let’s switch gears a bit and go into the Doll Face Skincare Studio story. Tell us more about the business.
As the business owner and primary skincare professional, I’m dedicated to my client visits and providing customized, results-oriented treatments to meet their skincare goals. Rather than relying on a one-size-fits-all treatment approach, I offer versatile combinations of modern, up-to-date skincare technology and products focused on the health and integrity of my clients’ skin. I was happy to pioneer Oxygen Facials on the Eastside of Los Angeles, as the first authorized Intraceuticals treatment provider in the area. I’m also extremely proud to have created a pampering environment that harkens to a time when luxurious personal services were the norm, allowing my clients to relax and enjoy their time here.
How do you think the industry will change over the next decade?
Esthetics is a really interesting industry as advances are always being made through scientific research. Therefore, ongoing education and treatment and product research are a big part of my job. I think the emphasis on maintaining healthy skin through non-invasive, strategic treatments utilizing technology, the development of advanced skincare products, and nutraceuticals will continue to be a major focus in the industry. Options for specific skincare conditions such as melasma, psoriasis, and other specialty concerns, are also an area for great growth potential. I look forward to tracking these trends and offering these treatment protocols through new menu offerings, in addition to new retail skincare products, as advances are made.
- The Doll Face: The facial that started it all. A thorough skin analysis determines this customized treatment. $100/50 minutes
- Intraceuticals Oxygen Facial: A highly effective anti-aging treatment, stimulates collagen/cellular repair. Deeply hydrating improves skin tone/texture, plumps fine lines. Soothes rosacea/calms acne skin. THE pre-event treatment for glowing Brides, Beauties & Blokes. $175/50 minutes
- The Triple Threat: MicroDermabrasion, Customized Peel & Oxygen Facial Our full-length facial feature. Microdermabrasion and a customized peel prep your skin for the rejuvenating power of our Intraceuticals Oxygen Facial. Your skin will radiate vibrant health and a glowing dewy, hydrated finish from this headlining treatment. $250/80 minutes
- Address: 2023 Riverside Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90039
- Website: http://dollfaceskincarestudio.com/
- Phone: 323-632-5500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dollfaceskincarestudio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dollfaceskincarestudio/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dollface_skin
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/doll-face-skincare-studio-los-angeles
- Other: StyleSeat: https://www.styleseat.com/m/book/v/lilacastellanos