Today we’d like to introduce you to Kathy Tsai.
Kathy, let’s start with your story. We’d love to hear how you got started and how the journey has been so far.
As exciting as it is to own a business, it’s sometimes hard to believe I currently own a brand in the pet industry called Petique (pet boutique). My story all started when I was a little girl. I was never allowed to own any pets, except fish. The reason being, my mom was bitten by a dog when she was a little girl and now she is traumatized by dogs of all sizes. You see why it was okay to own fish now? Fish do not bite humans, especially my mom. Have you heard the phrase “when you can’t have something, you want it even more”? That was definitely the case for me. I’ve always wanted a dog and was never allowed to have one… until college. I was living on my own and what did I decide to do? I decided to buy a dog! I didn’t let my parents know until after I had made the best purchase of my life! There were a few times my parents visited me in college, where my mom had to associate with my dog, a tiny Pomeranian. She would still keep her distance from my dog no matter how much my dog wanted to play with my mom because you never know, my baby Pomeranian might suddenly bite my mom.
A year after my amazing purchase, I broke my ankle on vacation and my mom had come to take care of me… and my dog. (Haha!) Since then, my mom realized my dog was the sweetest furbaby and fell deeply in love. Living in San Francisco during my college years, I myself had developed a deep passion for animals and the environment. Which brings us to the brand Petique, creating products that are user-friendly and safe for both pets and humans and overall developing products that are eco-friendly and good for our planet.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
It definitely has not been a smooth road starting Petique, but it has been exciting! You learn something new every day! Whether it’s about your employees or the products you are bringing in. Some of the struggles we had hit along the way are terrible employees who didn’t have their whole heart in the business and couldn’t strive to make the company better as a whole, which would affect our team. There were also struggles with our products where the colors were off or the material didn’t fit.
Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about PETIQUE – what should we know?
Petique is a pet brand selling pet beds, cat houses, pet dishes, pet toothbrush, pet strollers and pet joggers. We specialize in making most of our products environmentally friendly. We are known for great quality and the thoughtfulness and love we have for our planet and animals. As a company, we are proud of the success and accomplishments we have achieved until this day. We are only going to grow from here. What sets us apart from others are our stylish yet environmentally friendly products that are completely safe for animals and humans. We carefully develop and select the products we decide to sell to our customers.
Is there a characteristic or quality that you feel is essential to success?
The most important characteristic of my success is commitment and having a great sense of humor while I’m at it!
- Lion’s Den and Zebra Vibes Bedside Lounge pet bed are $292.99
- The Velvet Blankey pet blanket is $38.99
- Anchor’s Away Pet Bed in Small $80, Medium $110, Large/XL $148.99
- Majestic Pet Bed in Small $132.99, Medium $150
- Eco-Friendly Bamboo Memory Foam pet bed in Small $85. Medium $152.99, Large/XL $202.99
- Eco-Friendly Biodegradable Pet Dishes $26
- Eco-Friendly Biodegradable Pet Toothbrush in Small $7.99 and Large $8.99
- Mermaid and Razzberry Pet Stroller $192.99
- Sailboat and Blazin’ Berry All Terrain Pet Jogger $322.99
- Rain Cover for Pet Jogger and Pet Stroller $17.99
- Eco-Friendly “Chestnut” Feline Loft Cat House $36
- Eco-Friendly ‘Kitty’, “Wasabi”, “Tiffany” Feline Loft Cat House $48
- Address: 1900 S Proforma Ave. Suite F1
Ontario, CA 91761
- Website: www.petique.com
- Phone: (909) 673-0362
- Email: INFO@PETIQUE.COM
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/petiquepets/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PetiquePets/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/petiquepets
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/petique-ontario
- Other: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsE28YmQFFe5I12SCN-1-Q
Michael Olvido, Tricia Meteer