Today we’d like to introduce you to Jessica Vartoughian.
Jessica, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
I’ve had a pretty extraordinary journey and simply put, I came to America as a young girl in the late 60’s, speaking no English. I went to Beauty School and after finally getting my license I worked in the salon of a famous department store in Beverly Hills. My first client was a beautiful socialite, I was in the beginning stages of developing my nail care system and she said it was the best manicure she ever had. My debut manicure was a success. She brought her friend Lucille Ball the following day, that changed my life forever. Lucy brought all her famous friends and I soon became known as “The Manicurist to the Stars”. With my client’s encouragement and the support of my family, I opened the JESSICA Nail Clinic, the first nails-only salon in the world in 1969.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
Life is never a smooth ride and I have experienced some challenges along the way, but truly, the evolution of my salon has been a relatively smooth. I was very young when I started and my strategy was simple.
• To create a luxurious haven, unlike anything available in Los Angeles so women can meet and pamper themselves for 1 hour a week. We just recently renovated the salon and it is truly spectacular…. there is still nothing like it in Los Angeles.
• To specialized in Natural Nail treatments and Pedicure. I developed my own System of nail care and was the first offer customized services for different nail types
• I was simply the best and I trained my staff to offer impeccable treatments that continue to this day.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with Jessica The Clinic – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
The Nail Clinic, was the first concept of its kind and I developed my philosophy about different nail types into a global brand of nail care products that is distributed in over 60 countries. I have had the great privilege of traveling all over the world and training professionals in my Nail Cultivation System and product line.
In the salon, we have created a unique demographic that is generational, many of my original clients still come, their daughters and now their granddaughters. It is quite remarkable.
I have so many things to be proud of. I am proud that I found a passion and was able to create a successful career, I’m proud the NY Times, named me “The First Lady of Nails”, I’m very proud that I was the first professional to develop their own line of Treatments and Nail Colour that is now distributed all over the world and most of all I’m so proud that my Clinic still enjoys incredible success. My business is generation and my team has been with me for over 30 years.
I think what sets me apart from others is my ability to stay true to my beliefs. Many years ago, so many people wanted me to get into the acrylic nail business because it was so popular…I believed it was wrong and damaging to the health of nail…so while it was popular and our business was challenged, we certainly made up for it when all those damaged nails needed to be repaired. I kept my integrity and maintained the quality of my services and products when most comprise to save a few pennies.
So, what’s next? Any big plans?
The Clinic has been the cornerstone of my nail care system and philosophy and our next steps are to open JESSICA Clinics in the major cities throughout the world…..Paris, Milan, Dubai, Tokyo just to name a few.
- Address: 8627 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069
- Website: www.jessicatheclinic.com
- Phone: (310) 659-9292
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jessicacosmetics/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JessicaCosmetics
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jessica_Int
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/jessica-the-clinic-west-hollywood