Today we’d like to introduce you to Jennifer Montoya.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Jennifer. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
I started photography about five years ago. My husband taught me everything I know about my camera. We would sit at the dinner table and I would be in “photography school” most nights while eating dinner. For the first three years, I would photograph everything to come my way. I would shoot maternity, family, engagements, and weddings alongside my husband.
After three years, I finally felt like I was ready to chase a vision I had for a while, boudoir photography. I always felt like I could view a woman’s body differently. I wanted my boudoir photography to be unique. I wanted it to show that being sexy and classy at the same time is possible.
So I called 9 of my closest girlfriends. All different shapes/sizes and asked them to trust me. Nine sessions later, I created a portfolio and The Mrs. Collection was born April 19, 2018. I am thankful to say that my boudoir babes have kept me busy beyond belief. I have photographed 149 women within two years and I am thankful for every single one.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
So far, so good… until COVID-19. Along with most other small businesses, these last few months have not been easy. Having to navigate a business during such uncertain times, postpone 40+ photoshoots, and not being able to shoot for five months was not part of my 2020 business plan. But I have used this time to prepare and bring NEW visions to life for all my future clients. I definitely have a few new tricks up my sleeve and can’t wait to start creating again.
Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about The Mrs. Collection – what should we know?
@themrs.collection is a unique style of boudoir photography. I like to show boudoir as being sexy & classy at the same time.
What sets us apart is EVERYTHING.
1. I have all female assistants who have helped me create an environment for our clients to be comfortable and just have fun.
2. We always encourage our clients to bring things that can add a personal touch to their gallery. All props are welcome. I promise we can make ANYTHING sexy.
3. Pricing. I feel like every woman should have an opportunity to experience boudoir. I like to keep my pricing in a reasonable range. Let’s just say, I like to stay busy 🙂
4. I feel like we create a lasting relationship beyond the initial inquiry, photoshoot and delivery of photos. These women truly become part of The Mrs. Collection family.
Any shoutouts? Who else deserves credit in this story – who has played a meaningful role?
Always thankful for my supportive husband. He taught me everything I know about photography and is always encouraging me to push my creative limits and be the best photographer possible.
My family and friends for supporting me and this crazy dream since DAY 1.
My assistants Gabby, Rachelle, & Crystal who create such an amazing atmosphere for all our clients. They help me make business decisions and literally keep me sane! They all work their butts off every boudoir weekend and I couldn’t be more thankful to have these ladies on my team.
And last but not least, all my BOUDOIR BABES!!!! Thank you for always trusting my vision. The Mrs. Collection has grown quickly over the past two years and I am so excited to see what MAGIC we come up with in the future.
- Phone: 9097404689
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @themrs.collection
- Other: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.instagram.com/themrs.collection/%3Fhl%3Den&ved=2ahUKEwiWzLiX9srrAhUhMX0KHUUnD2oQjjgwAHoECA0QAg&usg=AOvVaw0yAKvEf7zy_zgwqOP5F2db