Today we’d like to introduce you to Jamin Butler.
Jamin, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
My mission is to succeed at creating opportunities and building generational wealth for underserved communities. In 2019 I was blessed to both marry my best friend and business partner, Ayron “Adamson” Butler, and then welcome the arrival of our daughter, Olivia Jade Butler. Bringing our family to a total of 4 including our eldest daughter LaRyn Hopkins.
At all times, I strive to provide leadership and a consistent focus on the development and implementation of solutions to increase accuracy and efficiency of business processes. I promote an inclusive environment that allows all team and community members an opportunity to learn and grow within their respective roles so that they are prepared to take on future leadership positions.
Throughout my career and education I have consistently undertaken projects as if they are a campaign – an approach that requires energy, effective communication, creativity, determination, and most importantly teamwork.
In 2018, my life long friends and I launched “The Black Coffee Company.” We sell the freshest organic coffee beans and #BlackCoffee branded merchandise so that we can create resources and opportunities for our communities.
Inspired by our 2015 trip to the Motown Museum in Detroit, MI where we learned how the Mother and Father of Berry Gordy, worked together to create a self-sustaining investment fund that provided business startup capital for all of their family members, which eventually provided the funding necessary for Berry Gordy to launch his Motown record label.
For us this was a divine moment of inspiration, we all started as both High School and then proud HBCU graduates of Xavier University of Louisiana, but over the years through our travels and adventures, we had grown into a very ambitious family collective, and now we finally had the roadmap for our next adventure. We would learn all we could about investing so that we could become a vehicle for empowerment within our own community, which led us to create “BackPack Investments,” an investment club.
Through Back Pack Investments LLC, we pooled our financial resources into a brokerage account paying monthly dues and then leveraged our collective capital in order to create a self-sustaining enterprise that pays dividends to its principal investors while providing educational/social benefits to the community.
Each quarter we; present reports and information, discuss investment strategies, review possible business ventures and share stories that ultimately inform our overall organizational strategy. It is through this sharing of information we will grow as contributing members of our communities, and financial stewards to future generations.
After three years building and spending hundreds of hours in meetings and on conference calls, growing our investment fund, pooling our financial resources, and career experiences we launched our business, “The Black Coffee Company”.
“Black Coffee” is no ordinary coffee brand, but instead it is way of life, a mindset, a new cultural phenomenon that has embraced the mentalities of the old and championed the ways of the youth. We invest in people and ideas, that boldly push our society forward while staying true to the legacy we stand upon.
Through our website TheBlackCoffeeCompany.com and our live events across the country, the Black Coffee Company has allowed us to leverage our collective capital, cultural experiences, and networks, to create a self-sustaining enterprise that sells organic fair trade coffee beans, merchandise and apparel. Through this enterprise we direct a percentage of all profits to our educational fund, which provides high impact educational and financial resources for minority youths within our local communities.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
Initially it was concerning that some of our closest & oldest friends/family members didn’t embrace our work. Some felt our plans were too ambitious, some did not understand what our brand represented, and a few doubted our long term commitment. Over time I am very happy to report that we have converted many of our doubters to supporters. Our consistency, effort, and success won the respect of our most steadfast detractors.
Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about The Black Coffee Company – what should we know?
We sell the freshest organic coffee beans, merchandise, and supplies which enables our team to create resources and opportunities for our communities.
Our commitment to fulfilling our “Core Values” and staying true to our “Team Vision” is what truly sets us apart from most.
Financial Freedom: Provide tools and resources necessary to obtaining a quality education and build generational wealth.
Entrepreneurship: Build and maintain businesses, networks, and platforms, pool our collective resources to create revenue generating opportunities. At all times maintain integrity and consistency in principles and actions that always convey honesty and truthfulness.
Community Empowerment: Goodwill to fellow members of the human race, we welcome new ideas and cherish traditions that give all people an opportunity to live full, happy, healthy, lives.
Through the support and purchases of our committed customers we are truly proud to have been empowered to provide educational and financial resources to the community.
We have donated money on multiple occasions to “Xavier University of Louisiana” for scholarships for new & returning students. We have donated resources into “Humanity 360 for 365,” a nonprofit mental health advocacy organization. We have contributed financially to “Math 4 Success” an SAT Prep and Math Skills tutoring program based in Detroit, Michigan, along with contributions to “Empowered Readers,” a childhood literacy organization based in Atlanta, GA.
The most inspirational part of the journey thus far has to have been the numerous people, friends, peers, kids, and elders who stated to us that our work motivates them to aim higher & grind harder. We have created an online community of nearly 800 members all coming together to share information, resources, and inspire each other to succeed.
Any shoutouts? Who else deserves credit in this story – who has played a meaningful role?
Our team has 5 Co-Founders who all deserve equal credit for their commitment to our collective success.
● Dr. Leonard E. Lightfoot, born and raised in Los Angeles, CA, is a loving husband, devoted father, and an innovative engineer tackling critical national security challenges. He is very passionate about improving financial literacy in the community, tutoring students in mathematics, and using his God-given talents to help others.
● Mr. Branden Cole, born and raised in Arizona, loving husband, and devoted father. Engineering professional working at Microsoft in Redmond, Washington. He is very enthusiastic about life and always willing to lend a helping hand. Branden derives his energy from being around people and using his talents to encourage others to achieve their potential. IN addition to aspiring to be a man of the community, Branden is life long learner, who spends time reading anything he can and engaging in thought-provoking conversations in a multitude of subjects.
● Mr. Gino J. Jones, born in Los Angeles, CA, is a family man, and for the past five years has served as a summer camp counselor and camp director for a youth nonprofit. Gino has over ten years of customer service experience within the retail, food services, and telecommunication industry, being able to help others is something that he takes much pride in for providing an excellent and exceptional experience, at every encounter. As a customer service representative for a utility company, my ultimate goal to provide excellent customer service as well as educating and informing customers to enhance the customer service experience.
● Mr. Christopher Bolden, born in is a family man and sales leader with over ten years of experience working in the telecommunications industry. Skilled in Operations Management, Customer Service, Customer Relationship Management Coaching, Strategic Planning, and Critical Thinking. Driven to utilize strong work ethic, rapid learning, and motivational skills to achieve and exceed goals. Passionate about coaching, training, and developing people. Connoisseur of the latest and greatest electronics and technology.
And myself, “Mr. Jamin P. Butler, born and raised in Inglewood, CA. Family man and devoted father, I lead the development and execution of all our marketing, sales, and organizational strategies. At all times, I promotes an inclusive environment and strives to provide leadership and a consistent focus on the development and implementation of solutions to increase accuracy and efficiency of business processes.
- Fresh Organic Coffee Beans (Whole) – ($15.00 per 8oz bag)
- Original Black Coffee Branded Merchandise ranging from ($25.00-$100.00)
- Trifecta Coffee Package (3 single source 80z coffee) bags – ($40.00)
- Address: 11565 Haas Ave
- Website: www.theblackcoffeecompany.com
- Phone: 3238230571
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @blkcoffeeco
- Facebook: @blkcoffeeco
- Twitter: @blkcoffeeco