Today we’d like to introduce you to Estefany Cespedes.
So, before we jump into specific questions about the business, why don’t you give us some details about you and your story.
Well, I am a dual Licensed Aesthetician in California and Florida. I am presently running my business, Mint Skin out of SEV Medical Spa at their Glendale and Calabasas locations. In addition to practicing skincare, I am incredibly passionate about the work I do in the non-profit sector, as the CEO of Moving Forward Together. I grew up between both, Colombia and California with my parents and older sister. Growing up in Colombia, I was exposed to the harsh realities of living in a developing country where poverty and violence monopolize the community. Those experiences truly shaped me into the woman I am today.
The bulk of my academic background was spent in Southern California which seamlessly transitioned me right after high school into the Real Estate business. As a natural people person with a keen sense of communication, I helped secure many home loans in the sub-prime market. After the market fell in 2008, I chose to reevaluate my professional pursuits to wherever my passions for helping others would lead me. A few years later, as a young adult now, I felt it was time for something new and that I needed to redefine my long term career goals. In 2013, I took a leap of faith and relocated to Miami, where I had friends, family and lots of Spanish culture which reconnected me to my Colombian roots. Upon doing so, I immediately acclimated to the change of scenery and hit the ground running. I then began the Miami chapter of Hashtag Lunchbag, as I had felt so rewarded after being a volunteer for the Los Angeles chapter. Hashtag Lunchbag is a humanity service movement dedicated to empowering and inspiring humanity to reap the benefits of giving. After a few years of running the Miami chapter of the organization, I was so inspired to expand my philanthropic efforts, predominantly concentrating on children in and around the Liberty City area of Miami.
With my humanitarian work, coupled with my organizational work collaboratively aligning with the school system, I was inspired to go back to school. I took advanced medical aesthetician courses while working towards my degree in Science of Natural Health in hopes of ultimately creating a footprint in the skincare industry. I became a licensed Aesthetician in early Spring of 2014. After receiving my license, I moved on to work at Dr. Gallerani’s private practice at the Aventura campus in the Oncology Department. Gaining experience with reconstructive surgery, cancer patients, in addition to patients with cosmetic needs. The direct experience with treating chemotherapy patients skin properly compelled me to further research how my background in the non-profit sector could be of assistance.
I spent countless hours volunteering at the hospital while simultaneously developing my Mint Skin business. A company dedicated to all skin enthusiasts trying to change their skin needs while giving back to charity. I was finally in a space after a long journey where I had fulfilled my dream of marrying my passion for both, skincare, and lending a helping hand.
So in 2016, I finally founded my own non-profit called Moving Forward Together, INC. An organization fundamentally focused on creating a community-based environment through nonprofit events with a positively fueled group of people. The organization has provided relief in and around Miami communities and now the Greater Los Angeles area. Moving Forward Together focuses on curating non-profit events in different industries while working towards giving young men and women the tools necessary to become innovators in the fields of art, music, engineering, science, technology, and mathematics.
Between Mint Skin and Moving Forward Together, I’ve got my hands pretty full and I’m beyond excited to fully develop both companies as I’ve envisioned them. So, stay tuned!
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
No, it definitely has not been a smooth road, lol. I’ve had a couple of setbacks in business. As a business owner, you are the business so it will come with stress and many up and downs. The best way to overcome them is to continue to educate yourself in your industry and honestly through a lot of trial and error. I leave the rest up to the man above!
Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about Mint Skin, LLC – what should we know?
My business is in a very competitive field so I made sure it was aligned with my core values. Mint Skin is a charitable brand that provides skincare services, products, and pop-up initiatives to educate others on the importance of taking care of their skin to prevent skin cancer. I am mostly known for my house call services and I am most proud of my existing line that consists of a Rose Argan Facial Oil, Amethyst Facial Roller, and 24K Gold Collagen Mask. My house call services mostly cater to my high-end clientele that lives busy lifestyles and need services to be provided at the comfort of their own home. I believe this sets me apart from others because not only do I provide a custom a made service, but I also educate my clients on all things skin.
Any shoutouts? Who else deserves credit in this story – who has played a meaningful role?
I have a couple of mentors and many supporters. My mentor in the skincare industry is Sevana Petrosian, she is a friend and the business boss lady behind SEV Laser, LA’s finest intimate A-List approved Medical Spa. I knew Sevana before I moved to Miami in 2013 and always told me that once I came back home (it was always the plan), that she’d love to have me on board. She kept her word and as soon as I moved back to LA and was able to get licensed in California, she welcomed me with open arms to the SEV laser family and supports my brand. Ian Welch is another very important person in my life, he is a consultant for non-profits and CEO of The Motivational Edge, a non-profit with after-school programs that focus in the arts. Ian has been a huge supporter in my journey with my non-profit starting with filing and taking all the proper steps to launch my future initiatives.
- $200 customized facial This facial consists of cleansing the skin, checking skin’s moisture level, exfoliating (exfoliator type chose based on skin type), extractions, high-frequency therapy, hydration and relaxing meditation while masking. One ADD ON included in facial: -Microdermabrasion (exfoliation) -Dermaplaning (exfoliation) -Oxygen (hydration)
- $300 Super Facial which consists of Exfoliation: It removes the upper layer of dead skin cells, similar to gentle microdermabrasion. Skin rejuvenation: It infuses the skin with active ingredients like hyaluronic acid, peptides and antioxidants (just like the first-gen oxygen facials). Oxygenation: It produces carbon dioxide bubbles that gently burst on the skin’s surface, which then stimulates oxygen-rich blood flow to the area and greater absorption of the actives. There are two choices of active gels: NeoRevive is for all-around rejuvenation and anti-aging, NeoBright is for brightening and texture improvement.
- Starting at $600 -House Call Facial… Busy lifestyle? Then this is just what you need! House calls give you the liberty of getting your skin treated at the comfort of your own home with absolutely no downtime. –
- Address: 1200 N. Pacific Ave. #104 Glendale, CA 91202 ; Glendale 3840 Old Topanga Canyon Rd., C2 Calabasas, CA 91302- Calabasas
- Website: www.mint-skin.com
- Phone: (818) 293-5382
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mintskin/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MintSkin5.5/
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/mint-skin-glendale
- Other: https://square.site/book/HZCAPAPC153S8/mint-skin-inside-of-sev-laser-glendale-glendale-ca
Bklyn Wheeler, Kevin Moore, Rebekah Galvan