Today we’d like to introduce you to Elissa Huang and Cristina Gomez.
So, before we jump into specific questions about the business, why don’t you give us some details about you and your story.
We got the idea of creating our blog when we met in college. We both went to Pepperdine University and had several classes together in marketing and advertising. From the beginning, we both shared the same passion and interest in fashion, and it was when we were about to graduate that we thought of creating our fashion blog!
Through a lot of dedication, commitment and SEVERAL late nights, we launched 2 years ago, and continue to grow and learn. In the past two years, we have worked with over thirty brands and it has been an exciting and fun journey! We love what we create, the connections we have made and that every day we are inspiring others.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
Becoming a blogger seems very glamorous, but it is NOT as easy as it appears. These have been some of our biggest struggles:
– Blogging is a full-time job (and for two girls that already have a 9 am – 5 pm job) it takes a lot of commitment and drive. We sometimes feel that this has been an obstacle that has hindered our growth, however, we do as much as we can to maximize our personal time. Sometimes this can be very draining, as we leave work and keep working through the night, several nights a week. However, our passion for it is the thing that keeps us going.
– There really isn’t a line between work and life, our work is life and our life is our work. We often remind ourselves to live in the experience and not always worry about capturing content.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with Public Display of Apparel – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
Public Display of Apparel is a fashion and lifestyle blog. It encompasses our lives- the latest styles we like, places we recommend to visit, our experiences at different events, etc. Our main focus is showing trendy fashion and ways you can recreate it without breaking the bank.
What we are most proud of is that we have created a business together. This is something we can call our own, and the results we are seeing so far have been great. We know this is a tough industry, however, we continue to improve and grow every day. We have learned and continue to further develop our knowledge in social platforms, creative tools and business acumen.
What sets us apart from others is that we are a fashion duo (which you rarely come across) and we both have a Latino background! This was definitely one of the things that connected us quickly, and this year we have realized how important it is to represent our community.
So, what’s next? Any big plans?
Our biggest plan for the future is making our blog our full-time career. This is something that makes us a bit nervous however it will be exciting to make that leap! This will require a lot of planning so we will not be doing it anytime soon.
Another goal we’ve had since we decided to launch the blog, is to create our own fashion line (or something along those lines) that captures our personal style.
- Website: http://www.publicdisplayofapparel.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/publicdisplayofapparel/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/publicdisplayofapparel/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/pda_la
- Other: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTq22EWAuWE8BIpRqIi0lOA
Roger Borjas and Joseph Carter