Today we’d like to introduce you to Chloe Fries.
So, before we jump into specific questions about the business, why don’t you give us some details about you and your story.
After graduating from UCLA, I quickly began a career in social media and advertising for a startup online marketing company. After a few years of social ads and brand partnerships, I knew something was missing, so I decided to jump ship and change careers completely. I had been nannying on the side and since it had become a passion of mine, I dove headfirst into the world of babies and kids.
I first became a postpartum doula, helping parents transition to life with a newborn. During this time, I realized just how important sleep was to the health of the whole family. It played a huge role in every other aspect of babyhood, from feeding to tummy time and everything in between. Around the same time, my sister-in-law gave birth to twins. Which meant double the night-wakings and double the sleep deprivation. They searched around for help and found that there was actually someone out there that could guide them to sleeping through the night at just 4.5 months. Their lives changed completely when they discovered that sleepless nights did not have to be a defining part of parenthood.
One day after a long night shift, my sister called me and said, “I think you should look into becoming a sleep consultant.” That night I researched programs, found out you could actually get certified to do something like that, and after graduating a few months later I started my business helping families get better sleep!
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
At the end of every custom consultation, I provide parents with something I call a “Bumps In The Road” Guide. I’d say that’s a pretty accurate description of starting your own business!
La Lune is three years old and much like a toddler has come with plenty of growing pains. Leaving a full-time marketing job meant saying sayonara to steady paychecks, benefits, and cold brew on tap. Starting out on my own, meant getting comfortable being uncomfortable. I had no idea what it meant to hustle and get my name out there. I had the marketing experience, but man, something about doing it for yourself proved to be so much more difficult. Now it was personal.
Ironically enough, the first couple years of my business meant sleepless nights and long hours while I wrestled with everything I wanted to accomplish. La Lune is my baby, and I love spending every moment I can with it, but it requires feedings, and diaper changes just like my clients’ little ones do!
La Lune Consulting – what should we know? What do you do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
La Lune Consulting offers digital and custom sleep coaching programs to teach parents of children age 0-5 years how to guide their little ones to independent sleep. I specialize in providing parents with two major things:
1. Parents are given a step-by-step plan that walks them through how to teach independent sleep for nights and naps. Parents today have this beautiful, terrible thing called the internet! It has so many answers to issues they face (like sleep) and yet every website has a different opinion and they all only give one piece to the puzzle. I package all of the scientific-based information around baby and toddler sleep and give it to them in a clear, easy-to-follow guide. No more guessing what to do next if their baby wakes up in the middle of the night, and no more panic-googling at 3am. It’s all right there for them and has been proven to actually work.
2. I provide parents with options when it comes to the coaching method they would like to implement. Some families prefer to be hands-on, in the room with their little one the whole time, while other children do best when given a little time to figure it out on their own. The parent has the power to decide which method works best for THEIR family, not their friends or their neighbors.
What moment in your career do you look back most fondly on?
Every time a client says, “I can’t believe we didn’t do this sooner”. When they realize that exhaustion does not have to be their norm and that their little one wanted and needed more sleep, it was just a matter of giving them the right tools to get it – that’s the moment I’m most proud of. It means that my sleepless nights spent planning are now restful nights for all of my clients. Independent sleep isn’t just for your newborn or toddler, it’s for the whole family. Better sleep is possible! #staysnoozin
- Custom, One-On-One Consultation – $395 (on sale right now for $295)
- Digital Dream Program – $99
- Newborn Coaching Call – $50
- 15 Min Assessment Call – Free!
- Website: www.laluneconsulting.com
- Phone: 424-259-3372
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @laluneconsulting