Today we’d like to introduce you to Carlos Tejada.
So, before we jump into specific questions about the business, why don’t you give us some details about you and your story.
I was an athlete in school. I was told by my baseball coach that Fullerton was scouting me, for me that was something I needed as a way to get a scholarship and out of poverty.
In my junior year of high school, I hurt my shoulder from pitching too much so I sat out my senior year which hurt my chances of getting a scholarship. Recruiters from all branches of the military were trying to get me into the military. I chose the Marines because I liked how tough they were. I was a jet engine mechanic during my ten years in. I worked on F4 phantoms and F18 hornets. I received numerous awards for my hard work.
I studied and got my A&P license to be able to work on commercial aircraft before I got out of the Marines. I applied at Continental Airlines and got hired by them. One week after I was hired they filed chapter 11 bankruptcy and after 5 years of working for Continental they finally submitted their plan to get out of bankruptcy. Part of their plan was a reduction in force and outsource most of their maintenance. I had just gotten divorced and had full and soul custody of my two girls. I had to do something so after having a discussion with my mother she mentioned that she read the newspaper and they were talking about computers being the way of the future so I went back to school for computer networking at UEI. Midway through my school I got a job providing IT support as a contractor. I worked in the daytime and went to school at night. I graduated and bounced from contract to contract for a number of years. I finally got a permanent position for a technology company in Burbank and after 5 years with them they were bought out and they laid off some of the IT.
I then went back to contracting before getting hired by an MSP (managed service provider) in lake Forest. I was diagnosed with leukemia in 2015 and after returning from disability I was fired in May of 2016. I started my own company in June of 2016, LKBM Technologies, LKBM are the initials to my kids first name, Lauren, Kristine, Bahia and Micah.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
No, it has not been a smooth road. I have never done sales in my life so that is my biggest challenge. I still have that Marine look which I am told can be intimidating.
Please tell us about LKBM Technologies.
My company specializes in managed IT support services. We are the IT department for our clients. We maintain servers, firewalls, computers, virus protection/removal, patches, and manage all cloud base applications from drop-box to Office365.
We specialize in server and email migrations, we have many years experience and our attention to detail is what we pride ourselves on.
Most proud of: We have accomplished data recovery for clients when others said they couldn’t. We recently had a client whose email server crashed, we were able to recover all of their email.
What sets apart is how thorough we are. We really care for our clients and want our clients to succeed. We do all we can to help them achieve that. We also have our monitoring tools that are the best I have ever used in my 20 years of experience.
If you had to go back in time and start over, would you have done anything differently?
I am not sure I would change anything. God is always on time.
- Residential IT Managed Remote Support Services for as low as $55 per month. We monitor their computers for hardware failure such as hard drives, software removal/installation, virus protection/removal, they get to call for support Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. We will also rebuild the computer on the plan for no additional cost.
- Small/Medium size businesses – Managed IT Remote Support Services – Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. $55 per computer, $300 per server, $150 to manage Office365, $150 to manage their network and $150 to manage cloud base applications.
- Small/Medium size businesses – Managed IT Remote and on site Support Services – Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. $75 per computer, $300 per server, $150 to manage Office365, $150 to manage their network and $150 to manage cloud base applications.
- Address: 27762 Antonio Parkway L1-434
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
- Website: www.lkbmtech.com
- Phone: Office: 949-245-6964
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: lkbmtechnologies
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LKBMTech/