Today we’d like to introduce you to Amir Marmar.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Amir. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
The real start to my company was back in November of 2012 when I decided to quit a 6 figure job in Las Vegas and work for myself.
It definitely took me a lot of hard work, determination and basically hustle, to get to where I am at today. My company is 5 years old and has grown year over year. I worked and do still work pretty much all around the clock, weekends, nights, early morning (4 am sprints) and I am obsessed.
The keys to my success are broken out into the following categories:
1) Team – I definitely couldn’t have done this by myself. Every company should always be unselfish and recognize the troops who are grinding away because they believe in your vision and cause. Long Lee, my Accounting Manager, was my 1st hire and is still working hard for my company 3 years later. By far he has over achieved and I look at him more of as family at this point. Dylan Boynton is my Staff Accountant and has been with my company over 2 years now. Christina Wagner was just hired to be our Senior Accountant. I have 0 turnover at my company which hopefully reinforces that we should all be careful and selective when choosing who should join our tribe. My team is truly amazing and deserve a lot of credit.
2) Relationships – Being a service provider and generally just a people person, I treat all of my clients as if they are family. It is no surprise that my retention has been over 95%, I have lifetime clients and that most of them are now close friends of mine. That caring quality that I have, the emotional attachment, ultimately drives me to over deliver when it comes to my services. I can’t tell you enough how important this all is, my growth has all been organic and my customers keep referring me out to their friends and family. When they do refer me out, it isn’t for a commission, it is a token of good faith as we all strive to help each other out.
3) Highly Responsive – In our day and age, people expect to be responded back to quickly and not get these auto generated emails that say we will get back to you in 24 – 48 hours. The majority of my customers get responded back to within minutes while I also ensure that everyone is always responded by end of day. I mainly work with tech start-ups and I am also outsourced, so the highly responsiveness part puts my clients at ease and creates the dynamic of being more in-house and less outsourced. I sell my company as your back office and pretty much an extension of your team.
4) High Quality Results – I provide my clients with the ultimate user experience. I make their lives as easy as possible so they can focus on operations and growing their company and not deal with stuff that falls into my realm. I always help my clients make more money or find money that they otherwise didn’t know was missing. My first client out the gate I found $120K of missing money and ended up getting it all back for him. I found $160K once for someone else and got all that back. I went through 3 company exits last year, so we have plenty of successful case studies.
5) Hustle Hustle Hustle – One of the other keys to success is never flat lining my business. Every day I focused on growth while at the same time being operationally involved. Most companies fail because they don’t adapt to changing times and they stop focusing on growth. While focusing on growth, I also focused on diversity and making sure my revenues and clients were all spread out.
Lastly, I want to close by saying that I went broke and had nothing a little bit before I started my company. I left playing poker for a living, had a lot of debt, got out of a bad relationship and most importantly lost my best friend, my dad of course, to cancer. I used these failures and downs in my life as fuel and every day they have been my biggest drivers.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
The road is never smooth, if people say it is, they are lying.
My company grew pretty quickly after I formed it and it was unexpected.
I hired my first employee, got office space and then a month later lost a major client (60% of revenues).
It was definitely crazy as I increased expenses and then lost revenues.
I figured it out though, I just hustled harder than ever before and pretty quickly had new clients working with us.
Complexities always arise when dealing with a diverse client base and sometimes you run into the angry client personality. While I wasn’t the best at dealing with that type of person early on, I adjusted over time and really learned to continue on focusing on providing the best service possible.
Please tell us about JFDI Accountants.
JFDI is a world class back office solution that focuses on accounting and payroll.
Our core services are providing our clients with accurate and dynamic financial reports on a monthly basis so they can make sound business decisions in real time. Our clients place a great trust in us where we not only watch over their money but also handle doing their payment runs which ensures all of their vendors get paid on time. In addition, the trust trickles into doing their employee onboarding, benefits administration and payroll processing. The reality is, we are much more then what I listed, we guide them through anything business related and ultimately help them succeed.
I think one of the first things that sets us apart is the brand, JFDI, Just Fucking Do It!
This is our attitude, this is our culture and we don’t want to spend time bullshitting and having meaningless conversations. We want to be doing the work and focus on overly communicating and over delivering.
Do you look back particularly fondly on any memories from childhood?
Honestly, my favorite memories from childhood is just time spent with my family.
Nothing means more to me than family, and now that I am a proud dad of 2 gorgeous girls, they are everything.
I have a 2.5-year-old daughter, Madison and a 1-year old Mia. My wife, Laura Marmar, is an ICU Nurse and the greatest person on this planet and deserves all the credit for my success as she has been with me from the beginning.
I should say this adds even more fuel as to why I will not fail and this company will continue to grow every year.
- My pricing is flat monthly fees and my engagements start at $500/mo. +
- Address: 8666 Wilshire Blvd.,
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
- Website: http://www.jfdiaccountants.com/
- Phone: 888-415-5334
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JFDIAccountants/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JFDIaccountants
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/jfdi-accountants-beverly-hills