Today we’d like to introduce you to Ambassador Keith Kirkwood.
Ambassador Keith, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
I grew up in a very small town outside of Boston, about 15 minutes from Cape Cod, Massachusetts. The town is so small we don’t even have street signals only stop signs. The Kennedys are from the same area and were a huge part of my growing up environment. My grandmother always read me the books and watched documentaries of President Kennedy, Senator Bobby Kennedy and Senator Teddy Kennedy. So ever since I was a little boy, they inspired me to be something great something greater than yourself. I was fortunate that my family was always very supportive of me and my big dreams.
Our Journey starting Gift Global Initiative started as Diplomats traveling to areas that man times have in rough conditions Manna and I would look at each other and day why are developing countries always developing why aren’t them improving to the next level. When hundreds of millions of dollars are being pumped into them. So we said let’s do more action less talk and formed Gift Global Initiative, a way to bring aid directly to the people. Cutting out any waste, fraud, abuse. Instead of cutting a check we deliver exactly the product/service that is needed.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
We go many times deep into areas that are occupied by drug cartels and a few months back, we were investigating a trafficking case in a downtown area and had a lapel pin on to document some of the investigations and were confronted by the henchmen and they started to come after our driver as we made are way to try and escape the confirmation. We had to drive over a street barrier to make a quick dash onto the freeway. Was pretty intense.
Please tell us about Gift Global Initiative.
GIFT is a Non-Profit Charitable Organization advocating and serving the needs of the most disadvantaged and vulnerable families with a special focus on children in some of the poorest areas of the planet. We believe in Preventive Measures to Strengthen the family unit that further allows the children to have a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We are committed to bring solar power to families that have never experienced electricity and clean water tablets that make bacteria free water. What sets us apart from other nonprofits is Gift has a media division with top media producers with over 3,000 episodes of sponsored programming produced and distributed and with 13 Daytime Emmy Nominations. Whats does this mean? When donors/corporate partners work with us they don’t get the typical hashtag #thank (fill in the brand) photo) They get a full High Quality produced content of there brand in action contributing to a social cause.
What is Gift Media?
Gift Media is the multi-media, multi-platform content creation arm of Gift Global Initiative. We use GIFT’s exclusive access to the world’s most vulnerable families to help tell their stories through stunning images, video and audio.
• Our mission is to use the power of media to create compelling stories that encourage and inspire others to donate funding, products and time to help families in need all over the globe.
• We believe views, likes, shares and subscriptions should be used for the global good rather than personal gain.
• We believe social media is the most powerful tool in our lifetimes to spread hope, awareness and change.
• We believe smart and professionally produced content can create powerful connections between all of us who feel compelled to help families and children in developing nations who desperately need our help, right now.
Is there a characteristic or quality that you feel is essential to success?
Compassion, you have to understand different situations to figure out best way to help.
- $15 provides a solar light to a home
- $12 provides clean water tablet solution for a home
- All donations are 100% Tax Deductible
- Website: giftglobalinitiative.org
- Instagram: KeithKirkwood1 and GiftGlobalInitiative
- Facebook: KeithKirkwood and GiftGlobalInitiative
Will Potter Photography