Today we’d like to introduce you to Amar Santana.
Amar, can you briefly walk us through your story – how you started and how you got to where you are today.
Started from the bottom back in NY working for Charlie Palmer as an intern from the CIA- Retuning after graduation, becoming a sous chef within a year, becoming a sous chef at the age of 21. Shortly after went on to open many restaurants, including Charlie Palmer Bloomingdales (2007) as Executive Chef. 3 1/2 years later Left to open Broadway by Amar Santana in Laguna beach. Joined the Top Chef season 13 and finished as runner up. Second concept Vaca opened in 2015 as well, a Spanish Tapas and steak house. Excited to announce 3rd concept opening in 2019 – The Hall, where fast-casual meets fine dining – 3 concepts under one roof (two fast-casual and one full service), all focused on different regions in the Mediterranean.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Some of the struggles is finding the right people. Growing a successful company is all about the key players, you can’t do it by yourself. All the employees make it successful.
Broadway By Amar Santana, Vaca and The Hall – what should we know? What do you do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
We are a growing restaurant group with avante-garde food and beverage program. We specialize in the guest experience, indulgent and adventurous. Most proud of maintaining the close relationships of employees and staff, with eight years of growth we have seen very little turnover and have much growth from within. Sets us apart? The equal amount of care and focus on both the employee and guests.
What moment in your career do you look back most fondly on?
Opening my first restaurant Broadway and competing on Top Chef
- Broadway is considered Progressive American cuisine – starters begin at 14$ and entrees range from 29$ to 56$
- Vaca is a tapas style restaurant designed to share – Tapas start at $8 and larger plates like Paella start at $36 and Steaks start at $27 and go up
- The Hall is 3 concepts under one roof – where fast casual and full service meet. Fast casual french bakery section has items as low as 3 dollars, fast casual Mediterranean start at 12 for combo platters, the sit down Crudo/charcuterie and craft cocktail sections start at $12
- Address: The Hall – 3333 Bristol Street Ste 1876 Costa Mesa, CA – 92646
Vaca – 695 Town Center Dr Ste 170 – Costa Mesa, CA – 92646
Broadway By Amar Santana – 328 Glennerye St – Laguna Beach, CA 92651
- Website: www.thehallge.com, www.vacarestaurant.com, www.broadwaybyamarsantana.com
- Phone: 714.515.5544 The Hall — 714.464.6060 Vaca — 949.715.8234 Broadway
- Email: email@example.com — firstname.lastname@example.org — email@example.com
- Instagram: @thehallglobaleatery — @vaca_costamesa — @broadwaybyamarsantana
Sarah King Photography — that’s a pic of Executive Chef/ Partner Amar Santana