Today we’d like to introduce you to Ali Kihanmahd.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Ali. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
I started out as a bartender over thirty years ago and since then, have been involved in all aspects of the process. I think as a successful restaurateur you should be able to do everybody’s job on your staff.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Everyday brings its own challenges as an independent restaurant owner. Being a hands-on person, I find it most challenging to keep up with all the paperwork.
Please tell us about Al Forno Caffe.
Al Forno Caffe is a trattoria ( casual Italian restaurant), We opened our doors back in 2014 and have been on a steady rise ever since. Our pasta dishes are our most popular in addition to our desserts. What makes us different from other Italian chain restaurants, that dominate the OC market, is our approach to cooking. We try to do everything from scratch. Starting with our sauces, dressings, Desserts and everything else whenever possible.
What makes me proud is when people tell me this is the best Italian food they’ve had outside of Italy.
Do you look back particularly fondly on any memories from childhood?
Standing on the roof of the house that I grew up in with my mother.
- Our Pastas and Main courses range from $12-$21
- All our wines by the glass, beers, and cocktails are half price for happy hour plus selected appetizers offered for $5.
- Address: Al Forno Caffe
1525 Mesa Verde Dr. E.
Costa Mesa, CA. 92626
- Website: www.alfornocaffe.com
- Phone: 657-232-0100
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alfornocaffecm/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alfornocaffe
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/alfornocaffe
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/al-forno-caffe-costa-mesa-3
Urban Dining Guide