Today we’d like to introduce you to Adam Sedlack.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Adam. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
Sedlack has over 20 years in the fitness industry holding positions of increasing responsibility including front desk, sales, Assistant GM, District Manager, Divisional Sales VP, and now President of UFC GYM. He started at Family Fitness in 1994 then worked for 24 Hour Fitness, which acquired Family Fitness in 1995.
Sedlack left 24 Hour Fitness in 2008 to join New Evolution Ventures as the president in charge of UFC GYM. Under Sedlack’s leadership, UFC GYM has quickly grown from a start-up to the 12th largest fitness business in the U.S. with operations in Canada, Australia, Mexico, Chile, Vietnam, Taiwan, and the Middle East, with over $130 million in system-wide revenue.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Every journey has its trials and tribulations and mine is no exception. However, every obstacle is really an opportunity for learning and growth. The most important thing with every job is that you are passionate about what you do – with passion you can navigate the difficult days and situations. Throughout my career, I have learned it is critical to:
1. Be adaptive– To stay in the industry and work for companies I love and respect (24 Hour Fitness and UFC GYM), I have moved my family 21 times over the past 24 years. My wife, children and I have had to learn how to best adapt to new environments – from schools and offices to friends and gyms. We have learned to embrace change and opportunity. Taking risks both personally and professionally can bring great rewards if you are willing to take the jump.
2. Be engaged – The fitness industry has continued to evolve, when I first started in the industry, gyms were focused on weight lifting. Now at UFC GYM, we encourage members to train different and incorporate a wide variety of classes and technology into their fitness regimen. We must stay engaged with our members to understand what they want and bring that to life. I have learned to talk to members, people on the ground and ensure we are delivering on what they are looking for.
3. Be a team player – At UFC GYM, we have a wide variety of team members all with different areas of expertise and unique perspectives. Our workforce is our top asset! Every single employee makes a valuable contribution and I want to ensure they know how much we value their input and ideas. I have learned to be more self-aware and how my actions and words can help influence those around me. Everyone will process information in different ways so it’s important to take that into consideration at every communication touchpoint.
UFC Gym – what should we know? What do you guys do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
UFC GYM is the first brand extension of UFC (the fastest growing sport in the world), and brings boxing and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) safely to the masses. Classes the franchise offer include MMA (jiu-jitsu, judo, kickboxing, krav maga, muay thai, and more), Daily Ultimate Training (UFC GYM’s signature high-intensity interval training boot camp designed to consistently shock your system and deliver results), bosu, an assortment of yoga, cycling, circuit training, and more. Locations can be found here: https://ufcgym.com/locations
Since its launch in 2009, UFC GYM has opened over 150 locations spanning the United States, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Oman, Philippines, South America, Taiwan, Vietnam and the United Arab Emirates. The fitness franchise has continued to grow at a rapid pace with more than 50 locations opening in the past two years and over 50 gyms expected to open in the next year. In addition, the franchise inked a deal in August with Mumbai-based franchisees to open more than 100 UFC GYM clubs in India over the next 10 years. The first location is scheduled to open later this year in Andheri West, with 10 more opening in 2018 and an average of 10 clubs each year after that.
What moment in your career do you look back most fondly on?
Working for UFC GYM, I have seen so many people transform their lives and become healthier and happier individuals. Most importantly, I have seen my own family embrace the lifestyle and values of UFC GYM challenging each other as individuals to become the best version of themselves. Inspired by UFC GYM training principals, my wife became a professional sports athlete and my children even had the chance to train at one of the gyms I helped develop. Watching others, especially my own family discover the benefits of healthy living through UFC GYM has made me incredibly proud. I believe UFC GYM is one of the few fitness companies that can impact mind and body with our unique philosophy to train different, our dedicated community and coaching staff.
- Website: https://ufcgym.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ufcgym/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UFCgym/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ufcgym