Today we’d like to introduce you to Carol Sheridan and Stacy Lande.
They have been friends for 25 years and met in the Silverlake arts community. Carol was a photographer and Stacy was go-go dancing at a local nightclub. Carol is a wedding photographer and Stacy does wedding makeup and hair, these pinup shoots evolved as a gift that brides would gift to the groom: a traditional boudoir photo session. The shoots were so much fun that at the height of the economic downturn in 2009, they brainstormed an idea for a business: how could they provide these fun and empowering shoots to ALL women, not just brides? Additionally, they decided to put a pinup spin on the business since that was their favorite genre. Fast forward to 9 years later and they have shot about 4,000 women! To keep things fresh and exciting they have introduced mermaid shoots, a giant cocktail glass, and motorcycle and classic car shoots. They have recently begun doing photo shoots with baby goats AND chickens as well!
Has it been a smooth road?
I read somewhere that it is pretty standard for a business to not make any money in the first 2 years, and surviving that period is key. They were definitely our experience: we began to do really well in the third year.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with Iconic Pinups – tell our readers more, for example, what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
We are a pinup photography company and we are best known for transforming ordinary women from all walks of life into glamour girls: we definitely deal with people who are not professional models but who want to look and feel like a model for a day. I always joke that we should rename our business “I Can’t Believe it’s Me Pinups” since that is what everyone says who sees the final product at the end of the shoot.
Were there people and/or experiences you had in your childhood that you feel laid the foundation for your success?
I can remember doing vintage makeovers on anyone who would sit still and then take their photos!
- We offer a $99 Half Hour Photo Shoot Special: Comes with full makeup and hair and a half hour photo shoot and one 8 x 10 print!
- We offer larger packages; a one-hour Classic package for $480, come with aforementioned makeup and hair and ALL the images.
- A 2-hour Deluxe package, $650: full makeup and hair and a 2-hour shoot, all images and a peek a boo book.
- Add on $75: Get digital artwork of yourself sitting in a giant cocktail
- Address: 4018 Elderbank Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90031
2718 W. Ave. 31, Los Angeles, CA 90065
- Website: www.iconicpinups.com
- Phone: (323) 662-5411
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @iconicpinups
- Facebook: facebook.com/iconicpinups
- Twitter: twitter.com/iconicpinups
- Other: youtube.com/iconicpinups
Iconic Pinups, Carol Sheridan, Stacy Lande