Today we’d like to introduce you to Anna Hackathorn.
Hi Anna, thanks for sharing your story with us. To start, maybe you can tell our readers some of your backstory.
I launched PLAN + ELEVATE in 2021. It’s a series of short video lessons and downloadable tools to teach people how to do interior design for their own homes. I have been in the interior design field for 25 years. I’ve worked on both huge, multi-million dollar projects for celebrities’ homes and famous fashion designers’ stores AND hourly consultations for people who just need some guidance because they can’t afford to (or don’t want to) hire a designer.
I was educated in Interior Design at Parsons in New York City and in Art History & Architectural History at the American University of Paris.
My work has been published in several industry magazines, newspapers and websites.
We all face challenges, but looking back would you describe it as a relatively smooth road?
I was working on homes of clients with huge budgets and started to have friends and family members sheepishly ask me if I could give them a few pointers because they wanted help from someone with knowledge in the industry but couldn’t afford tens of thousands of dollars to hire a professional.
I realized that there was a big gap in the market for people who are trying to find reliable information online, that is all in one place, without having to know how to piece together information from dozens of articles and blogs offering little tidbits of info here and there.
I’ve now helped hundreds of clients learn how to make a plan, understand what needs to get done and why, get started on their projects, and finish their homes.
Thanks for sharing that. So, maybe next you can tell us a bit more about your business?
Many people are intimidated when trying to tackle home décor on their own and feel that:
• They’ve failed at DIY interior design in the past.
• They’re concerned that they lack creativity and can’t succeed with their own home decor projects.
• The vastness of so much information available on the internet and access to so many choices is overwhelming and is what’s causing them to fail.
I help people who want to:
• Have a beautiful home.
• Not waste time and money
• Feel confident in making decisions
• Understand the “rules” of design
• Avoid mistakes
I teach people that:
• You can create a home you love without having to hire a professional or become a professional yourself.
• You can make your home look amazing without spending a lot of money on everything.
• You can make design decisions that will get the results you want in your home.
I have seen first-hand that there is a small percentage of very wealthy people with unlimited budgets who can afford an expensive interior designer to do their whole house for them and MANY talented designers for them to choose from.
BUT, there are FAR more people who want to have a beautiful home but who don’t have a big budget and can’t afford to hire a designer to do it for them, or who don’t want to give up control but need some tools to help them do it for themselves.
- My coaching price starts at $150 and my courses are $400 and up, but I have some free training on the website that is definitely worth checking out.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.planandelevate.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/planandelevate/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PlanAndElevate
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGyTFw1Uo6YxkndEV1XOpQg
- Other: https://www.pinterest.com/planelevate/_saved/
Living Room, Kitchen Photo, Dining Room, Family Room, Desert Bedroom, Desert Living Room – MarkTanner, Gallery Wall – JenSiska, Bath Room – Wendy Ramos