Today we’d like to introduce you to Jacqueline Brown.
Hi Jacqueline, it’s an honor to have you on the platform. Thanks for taking the time to share your story with us – to start maybe you can share some of your backstory with our readers?
My yoga journey was a quest for me being more limber, morphed into a way to manage stress, and then brought me to awareness of different forms of spirituality. In PeaceCorps, yoga was a way for me to teach mindfulness and break barriers as to what is now seen as a Western/ “White” practice.
Too often, I find that people are still intimidated by the practice of yoga. Maybe their knees have blown out, they can’t touch their toes, or “don’t look good in yoga pants.” I want to be the person to give you that foundation to practice by making yoga accessible, integrating spiritual practice, and self-awareness. After all, yoga is breath first and asana second. You don’t need $200 pants, a fancy subscription, or a particular look to do yoga. All you need is you and some dedication, I’ll take care of the rest!
We all face challenges, but looking back would you describe it as a relatively smooth road?
As a business owner and someone whorls work full-time, I find it challenging to have balance between work and relaxation. I am learning how to put myself out there more. In addition to customized yoga plans, I sell products like yoga mats and blocks. It took me a while to figure out how to properly price my products for profit.
Can you tell our readers more about what you do and what you think sets you apart from others?
Outside of the world of yoga, I work for the USDA and provide policy and program support for the National School Lunch Program. I really enjoy what I do as my role is continuing to change around the countries needs.
What do you like best about our city? What do you like least?
Likes: when packages show up on time, giving back to community, salt and vinegar chips. Dislikes: overpriced houseplants, commuter traffic, wet sneakers.
- Donation Based Reiki Healing
- Single Class One on One 1 unique asana based off of your goal 2 x per week check in via email $30.00
- One on One Pack 4 classes on Zoom or in Person 2 unique asanas based off of your goal 1 x per week check in via email $85.00
- Yoga Starter Pack For The Super New Yogi 6 classes 3 unique asanas based off of your goal 2 x per week check in via email Yoga Matt, yoga strap, and Block included $250.00
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Omjackieom.com
- Instagram: @om_jackie_om
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OmJackieOm