Guisados, El Cholo and many other incredible neighborhood gems serve up some killer mexican grub in DTLA. Take some time out to try out the options below.
- Cool Mexican spot with some unique soft taco options
- We love the Chiles Toreados – Habanero, serrano, jalapeno, and thai chiles blistered together over high heat. Served on top black beans. This taco is extremely spicy.
Yxta Cocina Mexicana
- Definitely start with the house gauc – it’s huge and amazing
- Great ambiance and décor with a laid back feel but nice enough for date night
- Fun spot right below/adjacent to Seven Grand – they make a mean cucumber margarita
Casa La Doña
Address: 800 S Main St, Los Angeles, CA 90014
Phone: (213) 627-7441
Yelp link: (4.5 stars with 300+ reviews)
- They have house made tortillas but those aren’t what they use on Taco Tuesdays – so splurge a little for the slightly more expensive tacos
- Classic, well-known LA institution – almost everyone has had a meal at one of the LA locations